NXS 3.5-15x50

camp_86

FNG
I have done some searching and dont seem to hear too much on the NF NXS 3.5-15x50. Is there a particular reason for that?

It seems like it would fit my needs well. Primarily a hunting scope with range time only for practice. Good low end mag for close work but still able to take those long shots.

Just curious on everyone's thoughts before purchasing my first high dollar scope.

jofes

WKR
It's heavy and the expensive, other than that it's an awesome scope.

I have one but find myself hunting with the 10 oz lighter 2.5-10 NXS.

I run one on the muzzy in my profile picture. They're awesome scopes and work very well for hunting. They're not as heavy as newer "tactical" options but like jofes mentioned, they're heavier than the 10x version.

If buying new, the 4-32x NX8 is more versatile and few oz lighter. If buying used, you can often find the 15x NXS for $1200 or less and they're a great deal. I personally wouldn't buy a new 15x unless I found a smoking deal or open box special and would opt for the 32 NX8. If buying used, I'd gobble up any 15x I found at a good price with the reticle you want.

For basically the same size and weight you can get the NXS 5.5-22x50.

The 5.5-22 is literally 4/10 of an inch longer and 1 more ounce. I think that’s why many just skip over the 15 power version.

But it is second focal so 22 power can be a bit overkill as well if you want to use reticle holds.

I use the bigger scope on my .300 WM sendero for blind hunting over hay fields.

OP
camp_86

camp_86

FNG
I run one on the muzzy in my profile picture. They're awesome scopes and work very well for hunting. They're not as heavy as newer "tactical" options but like jofes mentioned, they're heavier than the 10x version.

If buying new, the 4-32x NX8 is more versatile and few oz lighter. If buying used, you can often find the 15x NXS for $1200 or less and they're a great deal. I personally wouldn't buy a new 15x unless I found a smoking deal or open box special and would opt for the 32 NX8. If buying used, I'd gobble up any 15x I found at a good price with the reticle you want.
The NX8 4-32x50 was the other one on the short list. Now I just need to decide on FFP vs SPF. I am leaning SFP for a hunting scope.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
The FFP mil dot ones that were glued together internally are rad, the ones the currently sell are nothing special.

Last edited:
Reactions: WCS