NZ PL Late Roar Hunt Ruhaine's

199p

FNG
Hey guys, after a terrible run at work with many staff away through injury, family matters, and personal dramas I finally got 2 days off so stuff the lawns i am heading into one of my favorite spots.
I headed in Saturday morning and did a heap of track maintenance on the way in, Was met by a couple of mates who hadn't been to this area before.

The Roar is nearing the end and from looking at camp this area has had some traffic, plenty of animals around, and none at home so worth a punt regardless. The forecast was wet with low clouds making things difficult and it was humid meaning fog hanging around and low wind so I knew we would be struggling to see a whole lot so left the spotter at home.

The animals were quiet during the day time we just had the occasional moans but super noisy all night long meaning none of us got much sleep, was awesome listening to them going at it and we thought at one point one was going to come storming into camp,
Sounded like 5 or 6 going well, a couple up the valley and close and others very far away, the sound carries so far on the cooler nights.
In the morning we made our way to the glassing point at sunrise. We had a small window to see between the clouds rising and the fog rolling up the valley. The rain was hanging around adding to the lack of visibility but also making the streams very loud moaning unless we were up on the ridge lines it was very hard to hear anything.
Nothing was seen in the end, got very wet bush-bashing trying to get through to the stags holding high up in the scrubby tops. but at least I got some cool pictures and getting out of the city for a night in the tent is hard to beat.

Attachments

• Web 1.jpg
    Web 1.jpg
    406.5 KB · Views: 24
  • web 2.jpg
    web 2.jpg
    550.6 KB · Views: 26
  • web 3.jpg
    web 3.jpg
    465.6 KB · Views: 26
  • web 4.jpg
    web 4.jpg
    430.9 KB · Views: 26
  • web 5.jpg
    web 5.jpg
    345.9 KB · Views: 23
  • web 6.jpg
    web 6.jpg
    479.7 KB · Views: 25
  • web 7.jpg
    web 7.jpg
    407.8 KB · Views: 24
  • web 8.jpg
    web 8.jpg
    409.2 KB · Views: 23

Brimel

FNG
Escape to the wilderness, a perfect balm for a weary soul. NZ looks very beautiful!