OFFICIAL Peterson Cartridge Customer Support Thread

We are proud to be located just North of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania in the USA! We would be happy to have you in for a tour if you’re ever nearby, shoot me an email or give me a ring to set it up. [email protected] 724-940-7552 x201 (David Fleeger – Customer Support)

New caliber development for us is paused for 2024 as we are working on finishing a few projects and trying to keep our current line of offerings available as regularly as possible! Decisions on what cartridges we adopt depends on a multitude of things, we have a New Cartridge Development team that meets regularly to discuss these topics. The market, what is the demand for this casing? We keep a running tracker of all the cartridges requested and how many times it’s been requested (I have already added the requests from this thread to it!). Difficulty and cost of development, new cartridges can be in excess of $500k for development & engineering of tooling and can take several years. This is especially prevalent when we have to design a new cup, new dies, and new material handling parts. Are we able to take this project on, we already struggle keeping our current casings in stock due to high demand (good problem ), we don’t want to disappoint customers with having to wait several years for their chambering to be produced again. For example, .243 Win just ran recently for the first time in 3+ years… This was unfortunately due to Covid setbacks as that is still an unfortunate struggle for manufacturing companies. We also can’t possibly manufacture our 50+ offerings in a calendar year, even with 24/7 production in our 3 cells!

You definitely need to build another rifle!

Since you are taking requests 6.5 SAUM and 300 SAUM.

There are many spin offs being made from the SAUM cases.

And if we are really talking wish list 22-250SRP.

And on the when hell freezes over list, 22-250AI SRP.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

OP
Peterson Cartridge Co
@Peterson Cartridge Co I appreciate your work getting out some early 22 Creedmoor load data. Will you be publishing more data for the cartridge? It seems like many in the reloading data space have yet to release much data for the cartridge, and for those that have (Hodgdon) some popular powder/bullet combos among handloaders have not been addressed.
We unfortunately will not be producing any more load data at this time. That is the only cartridge we posted max loads for.

OP
Peterson Cartridge Co
Another request for 6.8 Western! Great to see the WSMs on the list for this year. Out of curiosity do you need any sort of permission from the designer of a cartridge like Hornady for prc, et all to make brass or once goes to saami it is open to all?

Lou
Hello Lou,

Once a cartridge is SAAMI, it is game on!

Welcome Peterson. I have quite a bit of your 6.5 CM brass I picked up from Unknown. It is unfired. Is there a downside to sizing it down to 6 CM in a full length sizing die?

Last edited:
I'd be stoked if a cartridge company would do a run of 30-06 brass with no head stamp so I could convert it.
No brainer, great idea. Unless brass without a head stamp would be a liability, which it probably is...

Until then, I'm just gonna "suffer" with the remaining Remington head stamp brass from years ago and recent Hornady brass from Midsouth and fire form to my hearts content for the 35 AI as the need arises.

jgraff08

FNG
I know you said no plans but let me sell you on making 223.

Used for more than hunting, many competition shooters are either shooting or training with 223. We need brass that lasts a long time.

Lapua can’t keep up.
Alpha isn’t making it.
ADG isn’t making it.

The closest we can get to decent brass is buying loaded ammo, dealing with lower grade brass or dealing with removing primer crimps.
Have u tried noslers?

Karlburns

FNG
Back in 2020 or 2021 I inadvertently stumbled upon Peterson brass while going to pickup a part from the John Deere dealership just up the road. After the guys at the desk got done hearing my long stories of being from AK they gave me a tour of the facility. Really cool place.

Top notch stuff here! I fortunately live close by and got to do the tour. The staff was great and everything was clean and well organized.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk