OnX Hunt Maps vs GoHunt Maps

wapitibob

WKR
I use Goggle Earth Pro for 99% of E-scouting and then transfer Coordinates back and forth between OnX and Google Earth. Anything I find and mark in the field I transfer to Google Earth.

I am sure the OnX technicians have sure found some great hunting "Honey Holes" all over the US.

You think he's going to risk a business that's had almost 100 million in funding by letting some cs guy access your waypoints?

bergie

Lil-Rokslider
I have both and would love to ditch onX but it is superior on mobile in the field so I can't bring myself to do it.

50fps

FNG
Been using OnX for around five years now and the only complaint I have is that ownership is not updated in a timely manner. For example one property I hunt was sold three years ago and more property added with no corrections.

fatlander

WKR
You think he's going to risk a business that's had almost 100 million in funding by letting some cs guy access your waypoints?

They’re not risking a thing. Signing up signs your content rights away.

———————————————

7. RIGHTS TO CONTENT; COPYRIGHT AND TRADEMARK NOTICE

(a) onXmaps does not claim ownership of Your Content. However, you grant onXmaps and its service providers a perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, royalty-free, fully-paid-up, non-exclusive, sublicensable, transferable license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publicly perform, publicly display, distribute, make and have made Your Content (in any form and any medium, whether now known or later developed) in connection with the Service. You acknowledge and agree that the technical processing and transmission of data associated with the Service, including Your Content, may require: (i) transmissions over various networks; and (ii) changes to conform and adapt to technical requirements of connecting networks or devices.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

philcox

WKR
Been running onX for a number of years. I love it, but am moving on ... in the recent onslaught of anti-hunting attacks in the US, I have yet to see an onX support in Social Media nor hear of them putting their money where their mouth is. GoHunt on the other hand has been a very visible force. I'd rather support them, and hope that they put money into platform development.

Has anyone had any solutions for ONX being glitchy? I've been a super fan of the product but so far shed hunting/turkey hunting this year it has been especially hard to use.

Has anyone had any solutions for ONX being glitchy? I've been a super fan of the product but so far shed hunting/turkey hunting this year it has been especially hard to use.
What are the specific glitches? If you're in an area with marginal service, going to airplane mode and restarting it helps a lot like wapitibob mentioned.

I’ve had some issues with my “blue dot” consistently moving to the wrong spot, off of my actual location.

I’ll try running it in airplane mode and see if there is any improvement.

I’ve had some issues with my “blue dot” consistently moving to the wrong spot, off of my actual location.

I’ll try running it in airplane mode and see if there is any improvement.
Check what the setting is for the app in your location services. If it's "while using" the app will be trying to relocate you every time you pull it open instead of keeping a constant bead on your position. At least that's the way I understand it. Assuming you're using an iPhone:

Settings > Privacy & Security >Location Services > OnX

Change to "Always On" next time you're out and see if that helps. I think OnX is also on the forum, maybe they can confirm. @onX Hunt

ccoffey

Lil-Rokslider
I really want to go with gohunt maps and have been trying, but I don’t know if it’s because I used onX first or that their map layers and hatches are better and I prefer onX. Gohunt has developed some awesome tools though and I’m pretty loyal to gohunt so I’m gonna continue to use them.

LFC911

WKR
I have been an OnX and GoHunt user the past 4-5 years. I always liked how OnX maps worked and used them primarily in the field. Back in January my OnX membership was coming due and for several reasons; one of them being Top Rut draw odds weren't updated; two https://rokslide.com/forums/threads/onx-hypocrisy.330662/ I decided to drop OnX.

I like what the GoHunt guys and gals stand for and their advocacy; for example Lorenzo matching funds for HOWL and CRWM. Every once in a while they run a promo for $100 in the gear shop, so the net cost is only $50.

philcox

WKR
Got all my waypoints moved over and reclassified. Took about as long as a good glassing or reloading session. Got my onX refund, and now all-in GoHunt Maps!

sivart

WKR
I have both. I would ditch the gohunt map in a heartbeat if I had to choose one.