OnX maps which layers are important?

Huntinman57

Lil-Rokslider
Just curious which layers I should download for my Colorado elk hunt? I am very new to the onX so any help will be appreciated!

PredatorX

WKR
I think there is National Layer and State Layer buttons. Different options in each.

wapitibob

WKR
I wouldn't download any of them to my phone without spending a substantial amount of time using their web map on the pc.

OP
Huntinman57

Huntinman57

Lil-Rokslider
I show several layers but for whatever reason I don’t know how to turn them on and off from the app. The pc I could do they not have capability from the app?

I show several layers but for whatever reason I don’t know how to turn them on and off from the app. The pc I could do they not have capability from the app?

Tap on map layers on the bottom to open them and then there is state layers and national layers. Tap on the one you want on or off. You can change the transparency of the shaded areas also from there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

COOTER

FNG

If you are using the app offline with downloaded maps, you can turn the layers on or off that where on when you downloaded the map. On your phone look at the bottom of the screen, look for map layers and my contentView attachment 70331

OP
Huntinman57

Huntinman57

Lil-Rokslider
I got it figured out I needed to get on the online map turn them on then they worked on the app when I turned it back on

Getnlost

FNG
It does not hurt to download all of them with the map. I use the 10 mile setting and I'll do the outside areas if needed also in a 10 mile. This seems to make the map easier to navigate in my opinion. I down load on computer with all of the layers, you can shut the layers off if not needed.

BluMtn

WKR
On the subject of downloaded maps, Is there a way to have a downloaded map follow you. I always have to scroll the map as I am moving to keep me in the screen.