Operation: Suck Less in the Woods

ShawnStonefly

Lil-Rokslider
Hi Everyone,

I've got a lot of motivation from looking at the workout journals on here and some bodybuilding forums. So I have decided to make my own. The goal is to get in shape to handle the bow hunting and back country fly fishing adventures planned for 2017.

Goals:
Sub 250
Improve Cardio Endurance
Don't get injured
Put Meat in the Freezer
Look Better Naked

Current Measurements
Untitled.jpg

Workout Routine:
3 Days all body routine with 2 cardio days. Weekends are reserved for hiking, scouting and fishing. I haven't workout consistently for over a year so the main goal is to be consistent then modify the routine to meet the goals.

Diet:
I am on the road majority of the year, so the main goal is to prep the majority of my meals and not eat out. Following that hit my caloric goal, then hit a high protein, high fat, low carb macros. I will screenshot myfitnesspal.

Any critique about anything is greatly appreciated!!!!:D

Stay dedicated , your goals are very reasonable and easy to conquer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ianpadron

WKR
Hi Everyone,

I've got a lot of motivation from looking at the workout journals on here and some bodybuilding forums. So I have decided to make my own. The goal is to get in shape to handle the bow hunting and back country fly fishing adventures planned for 2017.

Goals:
Sub 250
Improve Cardio Endurance
Don't get injured
Put Meat in the Freezer
Look Better Naked

Current Measurements
View attachment 45035

Workout Routine:
3 Days all body routine with 2 cardio days. Weekends are reserved for hiking, scouting and fishing. I haven't workout consistently for over a year so the main goal is to be consistent then modify the routine to meet the goals.

Diet:
I am on the road majority of the year, so the main goal is to prep the majority of my meals and not eat out. Following that hit my caloric goal, then hit a high protein, high fat, low carb macros. I will screenshot myfitnesspal.

Any critique about anything is greatly appreciated!!!!:D
Sounds like you're all set my dude!

Most effective fitness plan is one that YOU can be consistent with. Time to grind!

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Ross

Super Moderator
Staff member
Looks good you are well on your way👍 How old are you? It is a lifestyle and not easy for anyone....the key for all of us is consistency and dedication and discipline good luck!

OP
ShawnStonefly

ShawnStonefly

Lil-Rokslider
Looks good you are well on your way👍 How old are you? It is a lifestyle and not easy for anyone....the key for all of us is consistency and dedication and discipline good luck!

Have a couple months left in my 20's. Yeah this past year/ two years has shown me you can't slip on too much on eating or it catches up to you quick.

endorice

Lil-Rokslider
Good day of eating, did 45 minute of fasted elliptical. Felt good!
Kudos. Consider investing in a heart rate monitor so you can stay within a target heart range during your cardio sessions. Keep reminding yourself of your achievements, no matter how small. As previously mentioned, it's really a lifestyle. I get grumpy if I can't make it to the gym :)

Paradactal

Lil-Rokslider
Keep up the great work! One critique is get the word diet out of your vocab and replace with lifestyle change. That's what it will become. Your goals of handling the back country is closer than you think! Listen to your body. You got this!

OP
ShawnStonefly

ShawnStonefly

Lil-Rokslider
4139bd9c0561253595707f0141070092.png

Calories too low today but wasn't hungry at all the whole day. Going to call it a night for my morning gym session

OP
ShawnStonefly

ShawnStonefly

Lil-Rokslider
Kudos. Consider investing in a heart rate monitor so you can stay within a target heart range during your cardio sessions. Keep reminding yourself of your achievements, no matter how small. As previously mentioned, it's really a lifestyle. I get grumpy if I can't make it to the gym :)

I hear you and Paradactal, it was a big deal to me up until 3/4 years then I became reactive instead of proactive with my training. I maintained around 235-245 when I spent most of my free time in the woods, ate a lot better though

OP
ShawnStonefly

ShawnStonefly

Lil-Rokslider
2e15e770bac279fb8d64eda2af2a455d.png

Another low calorie day, got slammed with work. Got abunch of tuna and beef sticks to bring to work to up my protein throughout the day.

OP
ShawnStonefly

ShawnStonefly

Lil-Rokslider
Hi everyone, sorry for the delay in responding got sick all weekend and didn't do much/anything.

Week 1 Weight in: 284 pounds (-10)

1/17/17
Cardio: 45 Minutes fasted elliptical
Food: Caught up on work all day so I forgot about lunch but was under on cals.
Felt pretty good today.

View attachment 45471

nwbow87

FNG
Get it! When you're up on the ridge this year, your dedication will pay dividends. Much respect brother. Keep it going!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Meal prep helps a lot , i cook a whole flat of chicken on sunday and take 1 or 2 a day to work. It will help increase your protein

OP
ShawnStonefly

ShawnStonefly

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks Can't! Yeah I have a bad issue with skipping lunch and binging at dinner. Back when I was pretty lean I'd make some broccoli and get a chicken from sprouts

Great job and great effort.

My unsolicited .02 is to up that protein and if you HAVE to under eat on something, make it the carbs/sugar. But for the long haul, I wouldn't recommend under eating at all. Eventually you will crash and have a binge day. So keep the cals where they are supposed to be, get your protein in first and foremost, and keep on trucking!