Opinions on MR Popup 30 or 40 for saddle hunting pack?

I have the PU28 and have used it the past two years. I thinks it’s pretty well laid out, but like the looks of the 30 better due to the top lid area. My 28 isn’t as easy to get into. The load shelf works great for platforms and/or sticks. I also really like the adjustability of the height of the frame compared to my old X2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Macintosh

WKR
Use the search, people ask about packs for saddle hunting roughly once every 3 weeks, theres at least two other threads above the scroll on this sub forum right now—so you’ll quickly get a sense for what people are using, including those. Yes, the MR popups seem to be relatively popular.

Macintosh

WKR
Theres a dozen or so threads here, I believe all of them have at least one post specifically on the popups, several have a number of them.

kal1431

FNG
I had a MR Pop Up 30 for a very short time. I wasn't a fan of the top loading design and there wasn't a ton of organization options (interior pockets, etc.) so I ended up selling it. As a saddle hunter on the east coast primarily hunting whitetail, it seemed like the top loading design would be better suited for western hunts. I like being able to access things easily and quickly without making a lot of noise. This pack just didn't work that well for me.