options for lightweight quick detach rings on a tikka t3?

medvedyt

Lil-Rokslider
Hello,

i d like to know what options are available if any for quick detach system lightweight for a tikka t3/3x?

i have open sights coming on 2 tikka t3x and i want to be able to use them if possible and needed.

thank you.

Macintosh

WKR
Does bringing an allen wrench count as “quick detach”? I’m only half making fun.

Just curious, is this a takedown thing where you want to add and remove the scope for transport or some such reason, or is this an “only if my scope fails” thing?

OP
M

medvedyt

Lil-Rokslider
Does bringing an allen wrench count as “quick detach”? I’m only half making fun.

Just curious, is this a takedown thing where you want to add and remove the scope for transport or some such reason, or is this an “only if my scope fails” thing?
why not, a piece of 25 cents was great to do it on ruger rings ...
well there is case when you encounter a bear after hauling meat that the open sights can be helpful and of course there is always the risk of a failing scope as of course it is never happening lol ...

intunegp

WKR
why not, a piece of 25 cents was great to do it on ruger rings ...
well there is case when you encounter a bear after hauling meat that the open sights can be helpful and of course there is always the risk of a failing scope as of course it is never happening lol ...

If you're open to that I'd just carry whatever L-shaped wrench (allen/torx/etc) you need for your chosen rings and be done with it.

If the two scenarios that you fear are grizzlies and general scope failure, I don't think the speed advantage of QD levers over unscrewing your rings will be meaningful in either.

OP
M

medvedyt

Lil-Rokslider
If you're open to that I'd just carry whatever L-shaped wrench (allen/torx/etc) you need for your chosen rings and be done with it.

If the two scenarios that you fear are grizzlies and general scope failure, I don't think the speed advantage of QD levers over unscrewing your rings will be meaningful in either.
this is not the fear of grizzly but more being ready when you re hauling meat and you might not be able to find it in the scope or at night in the tent thus the sights so yes you re right about qd or not and i had in fly out taking always a spare scope.