I'm looking at-
Krx 1000
Yamaha wolverine 1000
Honda pioneer 1000

Thoughts?
Mudflaps?

Night_owl

FNG
Yamaha wolverine RMAX4 1000.. i haven’t had any issues with the mine. Half a dozen buddy’s have them and no issues that weren’t self inflicted lol. I opted for a 4 seater for the fact the wheel base is not much different between the 2 seater and the 4. The rear seats are removable giving you a covered “ bed”. Downside of the machines is like most SXSs they can be spendy to enclose.

AZ8

WKR
Which ever route you go, buy a machine that’s already enclosed.

I have a Can Am Defender. Love it, but if I had one regret, is that I didn’t buy the cab model. It’s not cost effective now to convert it to a cab. Doors are like $4K! lol

If I buy another, it’ll sure be a cab model.

BigE

Lil-Rokslider
The Wolverine is pretty nice and to echo the earlier post, get the extended mud flaps to help with the fling. Big tires are nice too, but when they extend out from the side of the utv the flying debris gets worse.
Full cab is great for keeping your interior clean but that limits your options.

TandKHunting

MADE IN THE USA - VETERAN OWNED
Classified Approved
Pretty sure all of them leak dust into the cab. I have a fully enclosed (hard cab) 2023 Honda Pioneer 1000 with heat. Water still trickles in, but you don't get soaked which is the major plus. The heat will keep you semi comfortable, but it's nowhere near a truck or jeep heater. A good amount of dust still gets in, and that's going to be an issue for pretty much any enclosed SxS from my personal experience.

My pioneer has a bed that can be transformed into a 4 seater which is an awesome feature. I have almost 3K miles on it and have had zero mechanical issues. I beat it to hell too. It cruises on any highway at 60-65 mph and drives like a car. No belt to worry about either. I couldn't recommend it enough and will be a lifelong Pioneer owner.

If you go that route, I would recommend getting the highest service package for it. You get free maintenance every 600 miles with 48 hour turn around times. You don't have to wait weeks to get it back or pay hundreds of dollars in service fees.

jimh406

WKR
Your choices seem to all be downgrades. Why not spend money on mud protection and suspension upgrades? There are mud flaps as well as guards for the inner fenders.

Any fold down method to increase bed storage like the Pioneer will be a source for dust. It is an interesting idea though.

AZ8

WKR
A good amount of dust still gets in, and that's going to be an issue for pretty much any enclosed SxS from my personal experience.

This is spot on. UTV riding is dusty. No way around it. Cabs help, but at the end of the day, you’ll have a film of dust on you. Just depends how much is too much before it becomes a deal breaker.

svivian

WKR
Another vote Yamaha Rmax 1000 and get the 4seater. You’ll appreciate the covered bed for hunting

axeforce6

WKR
I have a Yamaha RMAX 1000. Got it when they first came out. It has been an incredible machine. Great bed space. Good payload. Good towing as well. The thing will go anywhere. It has really surprised me. Oh, and tons of power.

TandKHunting

Classified Approved
This is spot on. UTV riding is dusty. No way around it. Cabs help, but at the end of the day, you’ll have a film of dust on you. Just depends how much is too much before it becomes a deal breaker.
Yep, people have the misconception that they are enclosed like a regular everyday vehicle. That's simply not the case. Wind, dust, moisture still gets in...it's just less impactful and more tolerable.

Ucsdryder

WKR

TandKHunting

Classified Approved
It has it in the doors and windows on mine already, but dust and water still gets in. Not enough to soak me or cover me in dirt, but it's still present. A guy could probably go around and use flex shot or rubber caulk or something similar to fill in any tiny gaps that may be present between the actual SxS body and cab. I do notice there is some small openings between the cab and actual body (even with the seal taper between the two), which seems like a design flaw. It doesn't bother me enough to try and throw rubber sealant all over the place.

Last edited:

Gman12

Lil-Rokslider
If your use is more trails and just fun riding I would say the RMAX would be the best option. I had one and it was a very nice machine and would shine in Moab. If hunting/utility/farm work was more important then I would go with the Pioneer.