Options for reducing Tikka T3x recoil

I have a Tikka in .308. I don't find it too bad.

Does anyone here recommend a Past Recoil Shield? I think I might try one.

Perhaps the op could use one for the range and ditch it in the field.

OP
M

Marlin604

FNG

Here are some great threads to help build your confidence is going to a "smaller" caliber that will allow you to shoot more and enjoy it.
Appreciate the links. Definitely thinking 6.5CM is the way to go.

OP
M

Marlin604

FNG
Have you tried a limbsaver recoil pad? They help noticeably. Also what weight bullet are you shooting. I have the T3 in 30-06 and find it gets uncomfortable for me above 165 grains. (Still way better than my old Remington 700 , which I
learned to shoot with a brass butt plate! )

That being said I bought a T3 in 7mm-08 and it’s a lot more fun to shoot.

Theres a thread running here about the “Rok stock“ which has a straight and higher comb. Don’t know if it affects felt recoil but is reputed to help with muzzle jump and keeping your site picture after recoil. Stocky’s is supposed to have them out soon.

Yes I put a limbsaver on it after my first range day with it. Still kicks like a mule.

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
Appreciate the links. Definitely thinking 6.5CM is the way to go.
J&A has a 20 inch, 6.5 CM Tikka take off in stock for $125. https://jaoutdoors.com/product/tikka-factory-barrels/

Honestly, no custom barrel is going to be better than a cold hammer forged factory tikka barrel. At that price you can by the tools to change it yourself, and keep the option of a 30-06 if you ever have trouble finding 6.5 CM ammo.

I have seriously been debating buying that barrel, having it cut to 16.5 inches and threaded, then sending it of to be nitrided by H&M.

Tmac

WKR
I have a Tikka in .308. I don't find it too bad.

Does anyone here recommend a Past Recoil Shield? I think I might try one.

Perhaps the op could use one for the range and ditch it in the field.
I‘ve used them myself and for new shooters. They work. Biggest issue we had was the added LOP for the smaller people. I do keep a pad in my shooting bag. It’s a thin one, I’ll often use it myself when doing a lot of shooting. They take the sting out and seem to slow things down, removes the sharpness.

Unckebob

WKR
I‘ve used them myself and for new shooters. They work. Biggest issue we had was the added LOP for the smaller people. I do keep a pad in my shooting bag. It’s a thin one, I’ll often use it myself when doing a lot of shooting. They take the sting out and seem to slow things down, removes the sharpness.

I would like a slightly thinner recoil pad to reduce LOP on my 6.5 PRC. The recoil doesn't bother me, but I feel life I control it better when my LOP is closer to 13".