Origin Maine Hunting line

So far what I have received from the pre order…pretty decent stuff. Eager to see how the pants and jacket pan out.

Anyone received a Bodyloc stow jacket yet?
Nope, I'm on week 11 right now. I emailed them at week 8 and they told me 1-3 weeks. Just emailed CS and asked to cancel so maybe you will be bumped up the line :) Being born and raised in Maine I so wanted to support this company but this is a bit much. I do have and love their jeans, super comfortable.

Nope, I'm on week 11 right now. I emailed them at week 8 and they told me 1-3 weeks. Just emailed CS and asked to cancel so maybe you will be bumped up the line :) Being born and raised in Maine I so wanted to support this company but this is a bit much. I do have and love their jeans, super comfortable.
I did just get mine. It is a very thin, light material. As described, it should block wind and some moisture, and do so in the lightest possible manor. I need to figure out how I want to use it in a system.

I did just get mine. It is a very thin, light material. As described, it should block wind and some moisture, and do so in the lightest possible manor. I need to figure out how I want to use it in a system.
Just cancelled my order. They said mine should be shipped in 2 weeks since it is out of stock (?). That would have made it a 13+ week order... bummed me out to say the least but glad you got yours.
Maybe next year this time I will order a Stealth Wool jacket when the demand has subsided and they can get their manufacturing process dialed in for the FX line.

Have worn the stealth wool jacket a couple of times now doing some late season upland hunting with the pooch.Happy with it so far but see myself wearing it in the tree on cold days.That said I'm all in on 100% USA.F***k China and the rest.

Reactions: prm
Was just looking at their base layers since I need new bottoms and their "Nano-Wool" is only 25% wool...? Every other wool base layer is like 60-100%...

View attachment 464511
FL is 95%
Sitka 59%
Black Ovis 100%
Born Primitive 60%
Stone Glacier 89%
Kuiu 53%
Mtn Ops 80%
Nano wool = low % merino I guess :)

I wouldn't overthink it. Tencel is a quality material, wicks well, doesn't stink and is really soft to the touch. Adding 50% polyester will decrease the amount of moisture retained by the garment and increase drying times. This blend will also make it last substantially longer than most merinos.

The Stealth Wool Hoody is really interesting to me. The scorching of the material to bond the polyester to the wool seems ingenious.

I'd also suggest people to look at Blackstock, Gulch Gear, Forloh for other US made hunting gear. Between these 4 companies you should be able to make a quality setup. Add other Berry Compliant pieces from companies like Beyond and you should be set.

Correction.Should say I do not see myself wearing it in the tree when the temp drops.More made for walking.Deer trackers might like it.
Sorry to thread jack but if you still have that mystery ranch front I'm interested. I'm in dutchess county. Im new so still can't pm or post on classified

Anyone have the stealth wool hooded jacket that they could share their experience so far?
For the style of hunting I do, I won't be hunting in it. To me it's way to bulky and heavy. I suppose if you're getting whisked from the lodge in a UTV to a stand, or sitting most of the time it could be OK. If you're on the move a lot, shedding and putting on layers, wanting to stuff it in your pack, this isn't it. It's heavy, doesn't pack down well, and seems "weird" (best way I can describe it). In all honesty, there's nothing from Origin that will replace my kuiu. I hate saying it but it's try.

I will try the ninja hoodie during archery, but even then that means passing up on a merino hoodie that I love and hides my man stank. I'm a fan of Origin, and hope the next iteration makes some improvements geared toward western hunters. Their marketing attempts with Kip and Cam, and the videos of private jets and how hardcore they are, are a bit premature in my opinion if your product is wonky.

For the style of hunting I do, I won't be hunting in it. To me it's way to bulky and heavy. I suppose if you're getting whisked from the lodge in a UTV to a stand, or sitting most of the time it could be OK. If you're on the move a lot, shedding and putting on layers, wanting to stuff it in your pack, this isn't it. It's heavy, doesn't pack down well, and seems "weird" (best way I can describe it). In all honesty, there's nothing from Origin that will replace my kuiu. I hate saying it but it's try.

I will try the ninja hoodie during archery, but even then that means passing up on a merino hoodie that I love and hides my man stank. I'm a fan of Origin, and hope the next iteration makes some improvements geared toward western hunters. Their marketing attempts with Kip and Cam, and the videos of private jets and how hardcore they are, are a bit premature in my opinion if your product is wonky.

Yeah the stealth wool jacket seems a bit heavy to be doing something high activity. 50% wool. Should trap a good bit of heat. That said.. I'd probably buy one next year when I get a new jacket

Minus33 and Duckworth are made in USA and 100% wool

You should probably double check Minus33.... Their website says their wool is Australian Merino and the only product made in the USA is a certain sock line..

How did it turn out
so far I like it. it fits how they described it. I might prefer it to be a little more fitted but I think that is just user preference. it's a perfect outer layer for days that get into the high 50s. Despite the low wool content it seems to regulate body temp. ihaven't used it as a mid layer yet and ican't speak towards durability because it's been washed 1x

I've been using the Stealth jacket and Nano Wool hoody. So far I like them.

The Stealth jacket is very warm but doesn't offer much wind resistance. It is very quiet though. I think it's a pretty decent active insulation piece but is probably better suited as a mid layer for colder weather. It's warmer than the Sitka Ambient and Kuiu Kenai but also noticeably heavier than either one. The Stealth isn't is as breathable as the Ambient, but maybe slightly better than the Kenai. It beats the Ambient for wind resistance but not as good as the Kenai. All in all I do like the Stealth jacket. If I'm going to be moving a lot I'd pick the Ambient, if I'm sitting a lot I'd pick the Stealth. Still playing with all 3 pieces so I'll see how they stack up when the temps get colder.

The Nano wool I also like but not as much as the Sitka Intercept hoody. The Nano is a bit warmer but not as comfy for next to skin. I also like the face mask and hood better on the Intercept. So for early to mid season I'd choose the Intercept, but then switch to the Nano for mid to late season with a more comfortable base layer T-shirt underneath. The biggest thing I don't like about the Nano is the smell on the face mask. It just has a weird odor to it that isn't pleasant.

I was admittedly skeptical about the whole set upon receiving it, but after a fairly complete season, it's actually pretty good. The pants are a little too thin for my liking, but have help up well. I'll stick with the KUIU Guide pants after early October. Everything else is pretty good. I'll work the Novaloc parka and pants here shortly, but for my military brethren, they're going to be just like the ECWS pants and parka but a much better fit.

All in all, it's pretty darn good if USA made matter to you (It's very important to me). The "field cap" though is perfect if you have a child size head.

Back