Outdoorsman stud

brocksw

WKR
Haven't contacted them yet, but I'm getting ready to send some 12x's down to the outdoorsman to have their stud installed. Those of you who have done that. How did you ship it to them? Ups? Did you use their tripod adapter or swaros? If money is not a concern between the two... Which is better?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
I've always shipped optics UPS. I don't think I'd trust USPS with a high dollar fragile item.
I'd just get the outdoorsman and not worry about it. It's a sweet setup and the price between the swaro is pretty close anyway

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

nrh6.7

WKR
I sent them UPS. They request you only send them in the belt case that comes with the binos if you have it. I just packed around them and shipped. Came back to me perfect. The machine shop that does the work for them picks up on Thursday and brings them back the following Thursday, so you need to have them there on Wednesday to avoid a 1-week delay.

I had to send usps insured because I live in a small town that has no local UPS. If you can, send them thru UPS . Btw the stud with adapter is the absolute best thing you will be doing for your ELs, I hated the rubber band thing that I bought from them. It just gave me no piece of mind putting my expensive glass on that thing and I can setup so much quicker now

dotman

WKR
Another good option that is cheaper from Outdoorsmans is the Bino Hand, works well with the EL’s. This way you don’t have to send your binos or pay for install and the adapter.

pirogue

WKR
I have a pair of Swarovski 10x42 EL and I've bought and used both the Swarovski brand adapter, and the Outdoorsman brand. The Swarovski may appear flimsy for the price, but it is designed like it should be and that is pivot in the center of the binos. You also do not have to spread the binos (to fit on the adapter), and then readjust for pupillary distance, which I have to do for the Outdoorsman. The Outdoorsmans are strong, maybe faster to install, remove from the tripod, but the designer must have never set and glassed for Coues very long. Since the attachment pin is put into the hinge mechanism on the objective lens end of the binos, that becomes the pivot point. This creates a longer radius to the eyecup, which creates more head,neck, and body lean to scan the same depth of field compared to an adapter that pivots in the center of the binos(longer radius equals greater circumference).

OP
B

brocksw

WKR
I have a pair of Swarovski 10x42 EL and I've bought and used both the Swarovski brand adapter, and the Outdoorsman brand. The Swarovski may appear flimsy for the price, but it is designed like it should be and that is pivot in the center of the binos. You also do not have to spread the binos (to fit on the adapter), and then readjust for pupillary distance, which I have to do for the Outdoorsman. The Outdoorsmans are strong, maybe faster to install, remove from the tripod, but the designer must have never set and glassed for Coues very long. Since the attachment pin is put into the hinge mechanism on the objective lens end of the binos, that becomes the pivot point. This creates a longer radius to the eyecup, which creates more head,neck, and body lean to scan the same depth of field compared to an adapter that pivots in the center of the binos(longer radius equals greater circumference).
I believe the swarovski tripod adapter is only compatible on the center hinge with the slc line of binos... And without the the outdoorsman stud installed, you have to use a UTM or similar adapter for the ELs.

prconnection

Lil-Rokslider

Are you sure you have the EL's?
Can u post a picture of your Swaro adapter?

IMG_0749.jpg
Does it look like this?

OP
B

brocksw

WKR
The utm mount is a pain. It works as described but it's bulky and my rubber strap would always fall off.