Outdoorsmans Optics Hunter vs Eberlestock

Mz71

FNG
I am trying to decide on my first pack other than various day packs I've had. Will be used mostly for 2-3 day whitetail hunts. Would love to be able to use it on an Elk hunt or 2 if i'm ever lucky enough to get out west. Would like to be able to pack out an entire whitetail without pushing the limits of the pack. I have done as much researching as I could on the Outdoorsmans Optics Hunter and would really like this pack, but I cant find any sellers other than the Outdoorsmans website for $399. I have been able to find the J34 for around $200 used with a spike bag and accessory pod included.

Although I would rather the Optics Hunter pack than the J34, I just cant find the Outdoorsmans pack for less than $400.

I havent been able to find any info on weight carrying abilities of the J34 and whether or not it has the room for an entire whitetail. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

neverquit

WKR
Between those two you'll like the outdoorsman pack. In order to find a used on. You just need to be ready to jump on it and patient. Do hesitate to call the outdoorsman. Is a small shop with worked by guys how live and breath western hunting.

Mosby

WKR
Outdoorsmans normally have a sale once a year on their packs. You might call them and ask. I think it was 20% off but don't quote me on that. It's been a couple of years. This is first year I am taking mine elk hunting and will have a better idea about the pack after a few weeks on the mountain. Some features I like but no such thing as a perfect pack I guess. I am going to use it hard this fall and decide if it stays or goes. I also have an Elberstock. The more I use the pack the more I find it doesn't fit me. I have the Team Elk pack. It is well made though and packs are like boots. They fit everyone different and you have to use them for a while to see if they are a long term fit. Try the packs on before you buy if you can. I bought both on line and I probably won't do that again.

OP
M

Mz71

FNG
Thanks, I think I'll just hold out and wait for an outdoorsmans pack to come up for sale.Are there any other retailer for this pack or is the outdoorsmans site the only place to buy new?

I have never used an eberlestock but I have used and currently use an outdoorsmans. I run am 80 lb sand bag in it right now. It handles weight fairly good. Don't get me wrong it's not a kifaru or stone glacier but it is a very good pack.