Outfitting a CVA Optima V2

I was at an NWTF dinner last night and won the Optima V2. It is the one with the stainless barrel, Realtree camo and comes with scope mounts. I know absolutely nothing about muzzleloaders. I have hunter with a bow exclusively since the mid 90’s.

What do I need? I saw there is a starter kit that CVA offers, with my reading today I think I will get either a Vortex or Burris scope. I would have originally thought about a Leupold but I got a RX1200 in 2020 and it has crapped out in less than 3 years using it 2 months a year and only to confirm distance when shooting 3 D. I had a Bushnell Yardage Pro 500 that lasted 18 years and finally started crapping out below zero.

What bullets, pellets and other accessories does one need when starting out?

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mattys010

FNG
I have a CVA wolf. I shoot hornady SSTs 250gr with two power pellets. I have helped some friends get set up with the same muzzloader
Get the following things:
foaming bore cleaner
Bullet starter tool
Breech cleaning kit
3/8” wood dowel longer than barrel

Ez clean, it’s a little tub to soak your breech plug

Extra breech plug
Wire brush
Pre soaked patches
Small tool box to hold it all

Bring that kit with hunting, to the range, anywhere you bring the gun

Clean it before you shoot it the first time. My two friends had trouble loading theirs on the first range trip. I think there was a lot of oil in the barrel. On the second shot we could not get the bullets seated. 3/8” dowel pushed them out the muzzle then cleaned them and it was fine. Clean it after you shoot it every time