PA FNG

jse5019

FNG
Central PA FNG here. Been a lurker since 2019. I spend most of my time bowhunting 5B farm country or 2G big woods. I took my first true backcountry trip to CO this September - a DIY archery elk hunt. Taking my second next month - DIY South Dakota rifle mule deer. I also drew a PA cow elk tag this year so it will be a busy fall and winter.

eddielasvegas

WKR & Chairman of the Rokslide Welcoming Committee
Classified Approved
As the self-appointed chairman of the welcoming committee, it is my privilege to extend a laurel, and hearty handshake (virtual, of course) to our new PA member.

Eddie

OP
J

jse5019

FNG
Enjoy that pa tag!

Thanks it’s a late season cow tag. I’m going DIY and already secured permission on close to 900 acres right in the heart of the zone where most harvests occur. There are a total of three of us with tags in the zone so pressure will be low haha

OP
J

jse5019

FNG
Thanks all. Got this PA archery buck this week and thought I’d share. Quartering away shot at 15 yards. Arrow went in at the 2nd last rib and came out the brisket. Took out the heart and heard him crash down the hill.

c8ad9da17ecdb028d255f3dc5b6cbf0b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hereinaz

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Thanks all. Got this PA archery buck this week and thought I’d share. Quartering away shot at 15 yards. Arrow went in at the 2nd last rib and came out the brisket. Took out the heart and heard him crash down the hill.

c8ad9da17ecdb028d255f3dc5b6cbf0b.jpg

Nice buck. Welcome

Central PA FNG here. Been a lurker since 2019. I spend most of my time bowhunting 5B farm country or 2G big woods. I took my first true backcountry trip to CO this September - a DIY archery elk hunt. Taking my second next month - DIY South Dakota rifle mule deer. I also drew a PA cow elk tag this year so it will be a busy fall and winter.
Also a PA-FNG! I was also a thread lurker. I'm in 1a. Spend most of my time in 1B and 2F. Experienced my first western archery tag along 3 year ago. My brother moved to Wyoming and I flew out to join him for a week. Boy do I wish I started heading west about 20 year ago.

That's awesome! Congrats! What tent do you have? Do have a trip planned for 2024? I'm putting in for NM fingers crossed. 2025 I can do Montana or Wyoming. Probably do Montana and save the Wyoming pts.

OP
J

jse5019

FNG
Also a PA-FNG! I was also a thread lurker. I'm in 1a. Spend most of my time in 1B and 2F. Experienced my first western archery tag along 3 year ago. My brother moved to Wyoming and I flew out to join him for a week. Boy do I wish I started heading west about 20 year ago.

Same here. Love the west and wish I started going sooner!

OP
J

jse5019

FNG
That's awesome! Congrats! What tent do you have? Do have a trip planned for 2024? I'm putting in for NM fingers crossed. 2025 I can do Montana or Wyoming. Probably do Montana and save the Wyoming pts.

This trip we used my buddy’s Argali Absaroka 4p but I personally have a Seek Outside Cimarron and a Kifaru Sawtooth. The sawtooth footprint is a little better IMO but the setup is a bit heavier too.

My 2024 trip is Kansas muzzleloader deer. 2025 we may be able to draw Iowa zone 5. 2026 we will probably do Montana or Wyoming deer and elk on the same trip.

This trip we used my buddy’s Argali Absaroka 4p but I personally have a Seek Outside Cimarron and a Kifaru Sawtooth. The sawtooth footprint is a little better IMO but the setup is a bit heavier too.

My 2024 trip is Kansas muzzleloader deer. 2025 we may be able to draw Iowa zone 5. 2026 we will probably do Montana or Wyoming deer and elk on the same trip.

Well heck if we happen in the same state for 2026 hit me up! It will be myself and my brother for Archery. I've been trying to convince the wife that we need to move out there. So far it isn't working. Lol

OP
J

jse5019

FNG
Haha sounds good. I’d love to move west but at this point we are too connected to our local area for it to make sense so I’ve stopped bringing it up lol