Packs: How Comfortable is Comfortable?

Still haven't come to a concrete conclusion yet but I'm leaning to the Kifaru Duplex frame w/ Nomad or the Exo with a beavertail and slurpy stalker for day shed trips. The Nomad is likely the better shed hunting design, but taking the bag off the Exo and adding the Slurpy Stalker and beavertail instead would turn it into a dedicated horn hauling machine. The Kifaru is pricier, but more easily available. One potential concern with the Kifaru is the rather large/wide waistbelt; I don't exactly have a giant torso and I wonder if it might really bug me having that big of a waistbelt. Can anyone comment on that? Jager, you hit the nail on the head. I figure I can't go wrong with any of these manufacturers but the fit has to be right.
my wife is similar size to you and she has no issues with the width of the kifaru waistbelt. its really what makes that pack shine...

LJ Buck

WKR
Go with a Stone Glacier just spent 20 days with the SKY5100 and LOVED IT. It is an Unreal comfort level. IMO

LJ Buck

WKR
I used a KUIU Ultra for 30 days and returned it. Once season is over I plan to get an Icon Pro to try and return it I don't like it.

Why keep trying a brand of pack that hasnt gotten it right yet. Why not just go with one of the great packs on the market that are proven. This is not an attack just a question.

OP
PathFinder
Well I think I've got it narrowed down to either the Kifaru Nomad with the Bikini frame (with the frame sheet mod) or the Exo 3500. LJ it's probably cuz he's a gear whore like most of the rest of us:)

LJ Buck

WKR
Well I think I've got it narrowed down to either the Kifaru Nomad with the Bikini frame (with the frame sheet mod) or the Exo 3500. LJ it's probably cuz he's a gear whore like most of the rest of us:)

True True. I have owned every KUIU pack besides the Icon Pro and eventually went with the SG.

Why keep trying a brand of pack that hasnt gotten it right yet. Why not just go with one of the great packs on the market that are proven. This is not an attack just a question.

Questions are good. How do you know they have not gotten right? Right for who? Plenty of people like the Icon packs and many do not. I loved my first Icon3000, more than my Kifaru I have now. My Kifaru is proven, proven to hurt my hips. Never had that with the Icon I had. I only sold it for a bigger pack. If I was not in the middle of the season I would have probably sold my Kifaru by now and have an Exo or Icon Pro, after I tried them both.

I am giving my Kifaru another run tomorrow for 5 days or until I tag out. I adjusted it some, hope it helps.

mAv

Lil-Rokslider
I tried a variety of cheaper packs with various weights- I'm a pretty cheap person, and my assumption was - "packing out an animal is going to suck no matter what, so do I really want to spend $600 on a 'comfortable' pack?"

Turns out I was very wrong. I now have a Kifaru Duplex and the only way I'd get rid of it is to be replaced with another Kifaru. The customer service, materials, and pack quality are beyond my expectations. It doesn't make the pack out easy, but it makes it manageable without severe discomfort.