Pairing Garmin InReach Mini with 2 phones?

Muirsy

FNG
Does anyone know if this is possible?

I would want to pair it with both mine and my wife's phones so that she can use it when camping with her friends or I'm out hunting (obviously not simultaneously)

'Couldn't find any info on this so apologies if it's been answered before

Thanks,

J

Shouldn't be a problem. I've had my inReach Explorer Bluetooth-paired to two different phones (not at the same time). I know you specifically asked about the Mini, not the Explorer, but pairing should work the same as any other Bluetooth device.

OP
M

Muirsy

FNG
Shouldn't be a problem. I've had my inReach Explorer Bluetooth-paired to two different phones (not at the same time). I know you specifically asked about the Mini, not the Explorer, but pairing should work the same as any other Bluetooth device.

Thanks for the reply! I agree, I can't see it being a problem either, just wanted to hear some real-world experiences.

Thanks again,

J

yoopshoot

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve paired my inreach mini2 to my phone and then my brothers as well. No issues at all- obviously not simultaneously though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

muddydogs

WKR
The Inreach can be paired with multiple phones one at a time, it doesn't know who's phone it is it just knows it's pair to a phone and account. When you install the Earthmate app on the other phone sign into the Garmin account associated with the Inreach, all messages and stored numbers will be the original account holders stuff.
A professional account with Garmin lets you have multiple devices as well as multiple users so you can switch users on an Inreach, this lets each user customize there messages and stored numbers for a more personal touch. I have the professional account and maintain a couple older units as well as my Mini so I have a couple units to loan out to my kids.

rgroves79

Lil-Rokslider
Works just fine. You’ll see all messages that come through to each phone so don’t talk s**t about your hunting partner while you’re both paired up

Rock-o

WKR
This is no different than having your car paired with multiple phones. That's the way Bluetooth works.

@muddydogs answer is best.