Parma zion pants

RemiR7

Lil-Rokslider
Piecing together gear for a solo elk trip this September and although I probably have the camo to get by on this trip. I want to make sure I’m comfortable and I won’t be coming off the mountain due to gear. At the Moment I damn near have almost the whole UA Gear in barren and sure it works for the Midwest down into the low teens just fine. Although I do have my doubts that it won’t be the best hiking all day and breathability while keeping me warm. I plan on buying a few Sitka tops that I have picked out and tried on, but was curious what you guys think of the Prana Zion pants? I keep seeing them come up in threads and for the price you can’t beat it compared to the bigger hunting brands and if they are worth the price compared to a high dollar hunting pant. This trip will be south/southwest possibly central colorado sept 1-20 timeframe and in between 8500-11500ft. Let me know what you guys think for you that have tried them.

PMcGee

WKR
I’ve worn them in Colorado and Idaho with zero issues and I’ll probably wear them again this year. Some say they’re not durable but mine have held up the same if not better then my attack pants.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

JD619er

WKR
If you have the light weight under armour tops and pants then I wouldn't spend anymore money on the Sitka or prana. The ridge reaper line is quality stuff and the lightweight stuff is all decent and will work good for you. If you don't have the lightweight stuff then yes I would suggest the prana pants in love them. But why not just grab some ridge reaper base layers to match your kit and save a little money? Most of it you can find at a good price online.

danarnold

WKR
zions are great, I use them in the time/area you're talking about and when not hunting, I've go sitka pants that are as nice/cost more.
I quit using UA years ago after they got funky on long hunts, I'm sure they've improved but I doubt they compare with sitka shirts...

josh4839

FNG
Piecing together gear for a solo elk trip this September and although I probably have the camo to get by on this trip. I want to make sure I’m comfortable and I won’t be coming off the mountain due to gear. At the Moment I damn near have almost the whole UA Gear in barren and sure it works for the Midwest down into the low teens just fine. Although I do have my doubts that it won’t be the best hiking all day and breathability while keeping me warm. I plan on buying a few Sitka tops that I have picked out and tried on, but was curious what you guys think of the Prana Zion pants? I keep seeing them come up in threads and for the price you can’t beat it compared to the bigger hunting brands and if they are worth the price compared to a high dollar hunting pant. This trip will be south/southwest possibly central colorado sept 1-20 timeframe and in between 8500-11500ft. Let me know what you guys think for you that have tried them.
I think they are great. I use them for hiking and hunting. Very comfortable and durable. Dry very fast and I like the idea how you can roll them up the calf to help keep you from getting to hot. The waistband is very nice in my opinion for quick adjustments.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

josh4839

FNG
As you can see its double stitched . Not a very good camera man. Just to give you an idea what they look like.
dab2ac4ac8653fe5aeba9eff890ddf3f.jpg
f4bc9a08ec0c978b76ce895ff2628181.jpg
9cd0732ae9e345f099c0d740bc680c5d.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Nate_Beres

Lil-Rokslider
Wife works at Columbia sportswear who owns prana. Gradually my whole (casual) wardrobe is Prana.
Can't speak for that elevation but I love them. Of that material I probably have 6 pants/shorts.
Durability? Ya they'll occasionally snag but it takes a lot. For what I've put them through they should be in pieces.
They dry quick, stretch enough and cheap (for me, sorry) only complaint is that the cargo pocket is on the left and not right, digging deep for that one.
I'd be blown away if you regret it

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Dhbwa

WKR
If they fit you (slim cut) For way less coin in a lightweight stretch material the Wal-Mart Wrangler outdoor line is great. The Prana at full retail isn’t much of a bargain (IMO) I’d keep going and buy Attacks. The Prana at $55 or so is a fine pant.

MTguy0341

Lil-Rokslider
Prana zions are great pants, feels like you're wearing pajamas and the dry out quickly. The eddie bauer guide pants are really great for the money too. Fairly similar

NCSU_Lewis

Lil-Rokslider
I wore mine for 7 days in New Mexico this year. Started the days in the 30s and was fine with no base layer. Had a day of cool rain and it was impressive how fast they would dry when the rain stopped. I wear them multiple times a week all year and love them for most situations.

The zions, and now the Brions, are all I wear hunting anymore. I also wear them most days around town, more often than I wear jean. I have hunted with them in the cholla flats of sonora, mexico, the mesquite flooded canyons of the Devils River in texas, several colorado elk hunts, and one ibex hunt in kyrgystan. The fabric will snag on thorns and some of the seams will break, but they hold up VERY well. I only have two pairs that I hunt it and have only managed to put a small L shaped rip in one- and it took several 100 yard butt-slides down some steep loose rocky slopes to cause that.

OP
RemiR7

RemiR7

Lil-Rokslider
The under armour stuff works great for what I use it for Midwest tree stand hunting when layered, but the few times I’ve used it spit and stalk hunting antelope it just doesn’t breath at all and when it’s wet it stays wet. I will be running a few pieces(puffy jacket/and a windstopper/rain jacket)but that will be it. Their early season pants I have I just don’t think would make it on an elk trip.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for the feedback fellas. Just ordered two pairs of the Brions to try out here soon.

I like mine. Almost prefer them over the kuiu attack pants for the early-mid september elk hunts. I wore the zions for 90% of the time last year in Idaho. I also really like the zion shorts for every day wear.

The Zion is a good pant. Not as nice as Attack pants to me because I always use the thigh pockets. I've found that with a backpack strapped on the top pockets are hard to get to so I don't use them, plus the thigh pockets zip up. Another advantage is the hip vents on the Attacks.

The Zion is a good pant for hiking, but not my preference for hunting.

In south-central CO during an archery elk hunt I got hot more than I get cold. I use the Kuiu Tiburon pants because they are the lightest pant I could find. They are lighter and tougher than the Zion or Attack. I also naturally run warm. If you're naturally warmer than most people I'd suggest finding lighterweight pants. Every first timer brings too much clothes.

Bisley45

Lil-Rokslider
I have the Zions and the EB Guides. THe Zions wear a little warmer and seem to be more durable. I like the cargo pocket design on the EBs a little better. The EBs feel like pajamas they are super comfortable. I plan on buying more of both but will probably stick to Zions for cooler weather hunting or going through brush. The EBs will be great for fishing and dove season!

tracker12

WKR
I love my Prana's and have worn them on a lot of hunts. I like my Sika Ascents better only because I like the side pockets.

TravisIN

WKR
I wear zions more than I wear any other pant. Not talking hunting just daily. I love them. Hunting I wear Sitka apex or timberlines. But the zions work amazing for that also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk