Prana - Zion vs. First Lite Corrugate Guide pants

edewey

FNG
What’s your choice between the Prana - Zion and First Lite Corrugate Guide pants? I have both an am trying to choose what to wear for a 5 day Colorado archery elk hunt.

Bump79

WKR
I can't speak for the Prana but I have had the Corrugate Guides for 7 years or so. I wear them 95% of hunts - probably 30 days/year. They have been bomb proof for me. The stretch is fantastic.

Only downside in my opinion is that a nylon pant holds more water than a polyester.

Benjblt

WKR
I can't speak for the Prana but I have had the Corrugate Guides for 7 years or so. I wear them 95% of hunts - probably 30 days/year. They have been bomb proof for me. The stretch is fantastic.

Only downside in my opinion is that a nylon pant holds more water than a polyester.
It's not the nylon exactly. It's the spandex mostly.

One of my favorite pants. The Zions fabric is better. Pocket layout of the Corrugates is better.

Sent from my SM-F711U using Tapatalk

SDHNTR

WKR
I have both. Both great materials, but the cut on the FL is more trim, as it should be. The Prana’s are baggy. But Prana has this going for them…. it gives me great satisfaction knowing that I am probably pissing off multitudes of hippies wearing their yoga gear hunting.

z987k

WKR
I have used prana for years and still have a few pair, but I've switched to the Eddie Bauer Guide pro pant over them after I really disliked the zion 2.0 material.

Benjblt

WKR
I have used prana for years and still have a few pair, but I've switched to the Eddie Bauer Guide pro pant over them after I really disliked the zion 2.0 material.
The design is better. Also, like the pockets. The quality is not quite as good though. Overall if say a great choice.. .imho.

Sent from my SM-F711U using Tapatalk

Darryle

WKR
Are y'all talking first gen Zions or this 2.0 crap. I have close to a dozen of the first gen Zions, tried the 2.0s and they sucked, well, the new design with the button on a loop was an ignorant design change.

Unless they drop that ridiculousness, I won't be buying any more Zions.

Guide pants are definitely heavier/warmer than the Zion’s. I felt like I was getting a better pant with the Zion’s when I changed but they do get baggy with time after washing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are y'all talking first gen Zions or this 2.0 crap. I have close to a dozen of the first gen Zions, tried the 2.0s and they sucked, well, the new design with the button on a loop was an ignorant design change.

Unless they drop that ridiculousness, I won't be buying any more Zions.
Button on a loop is pretty dumb. I can’t unbutton them with one hand

I do actually prefer the fit of the 2.0 though

While I prefer kuiu attacks, I own both as well. The FL pants are baggier and I like their pockets better for hunting. However, the zions are awesome (All mine are gen 1) for stretch and feel. Prana really nailed it IMO on everything but the stupid pockets thing. FWIW I own 2x Long pranas and 4x their shorts.

OP
edewey

edewey

FNG
I have both. Both great materials, but the cut on the FL is more trim, as it should be. The Prana’s are baggy. But Prana has this going for them…. it gives me great satisfaction knowing that I am probably pissing off multitudes of hippies wearing their yoga gear hunting.
Now that you put it that way, I’ll enjoy the Prana’s a little more too. Haha

OP
edewey

edewey

FNG
While I prefer kuiu attacks, I own both as well. The FL pants are baggier and I like their pockets better for hunting. However, the zions are awesome (All mine are gen 1) for stretch and feel. Prana really nailed it IMO on everything but the stupid pockets thing. FWIW I own 2x Long pranas and 4x their shorts.
I need to try the KUIU Attacks. I keep hearing great things about them.

OP
edewey

edewey

FNG
Button on a loop is pretty dumb. I can’t unbutton them with one hand

I do actually prefer the fit of the 2.0 though
I have the original Zion’s, haven’t tried the new version and won’t given the poor reviews on the 2.0’s!

I need to try the KUIU Attacks. I keep hearing great things about them.
I really would put them at the top of the heap IMO. They work and feel great. I have Worn them for 6-7 years now - 3 pairs - and love them for hunting and just about anything outdoors. They are heavier than the pranas but still work fine in the same situations. The hip vents are the best in the industry IMO and will spoil you once you start to use them when you need to dump heat. I don’t baby them but they tend to be strictly outdoor pants for me. Hunting, hiking, even skiing. I have a few picks and pulls on my older pairs and the DWR is a little run down but I haven’t destroyed any of them.

having said that, I think they shine in mid temps. 70s to freezing. Above mid 70s they are stuffy, even with the hip zips Making me prefer a breezy pant like their tiburon. In very cold temps with a lot of snow on the ground I favor Sitka mountain or kuiu axis pants for the extra protection.

Zions are ultralight pant with fantastic ergos and ridiculously poor pockets. Warm weather pant. First gen only for me. Love them, but in cooler weather it's Kuiu Attacks for comfort plus great pockets.

Zions are overrated. Honestly like my wrangler outdoor cargo pnts ($20) better. Coat aside.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really like my Zions and hope Prana sees the light and corrects the 2.0s before I wear my old ones out. I really like the Attacks but to me they are more mid to late season pants. I overheat in them with a pack on or doing much exertion. I think the Kutana is the more comparable pant to the zion. And I like it a lot as well. But again, twice as expensive as the Zion.