Patagonia 50% Off Sale.

OP
mxgsfmdpx

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
Hey man I get it. A lot of guys don’t like Patagonia. Just passing along the information as a lot of people still like their products. Keep the politics at home.

kata2012

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for sharing! Looks like I'm getting a new set of waders.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

Austink47

WKR
Politics aside the capilene cool shirts they have on sale are a great early season base layer. Especially if you can’t do merino next to skin. Thanks for the heads up.

Hey man I get it. A lot of guys don’t like Patagonia. Just passing along the information as a lot of people still like their products. Keep the politics at home.

True, but the best way to vote is with you wallet. If anyone on this forum knew what they stood for, they’d go elsewhere and would be happy to spend the money.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Politics aside my micro puff bivy pullover and my down pullover are 2 of my favorite pieces of clothing.

jonathond

FNG
‘They say that hunters and tree huggers can’t get together. That’s bullshit. The only way we’re going to get anything done is to work together.’ – Yvon Chouinard, founder of Patagonia.

cmahoney

WKR
646521c802d86d49329289cdbc72dc89.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ReinsuranceShooter

Lil-Rokslider
This is a great thread for inspiring thought around the roles we can play. With our wallets we can send messages - all kinds of messages. We can support sustainability, we can encourage companies to be more compassionate to hunting as a way of life, we can show hunting clothes makers where they still need to innovate.

If it weren’t for the success of the the companies like Patagonia, the likes of Sitka, Kuiu, first lite, etc had a relatively easier path knowing a market existed where people will pay $700 for a coat, or $350 for a pair of pants. Without that - we would still be relegated to army surplus if you “knew” that cotton kills.

It is threads like this that helped me better realize we need to come together as hunters, not divide ourselves - especially as we come into an election year. All said, thank you for sharing the sale, thank you for sharing the views of how we can change /influence companies, thank you for making a point that the gear is still a benchmark to exceed in some areas. And if you are willing to put the difference of opinions aside, staying united in our goal to be some of the most action oriented individuals that love the environment, we will ALL BE THANKFUL for helping ensure their is an opportunity for generations to come to truly put food on their table and enjoy the fulfillment of hunting for what we as hunters know it to be.

ODB

WKR
‘They say that hunters and tree huggers can’t get together. That’s bullshit. The only way we’re going to get anything done is to work together.’ – Yvon Chouinard, founder of Patagonia.

That guy self-admits he is full of hypocrisy. He’s very much a “do as I say” type of person. I listened to the podcast with him on meateater and wasn’t all that impressed. He’s done a hell of a lot in his life, has lived a capitalist’s dream, yet now that he stands where he does, can only see things from his perspective.

brsnow

WKR
Their quality is way better than hunting brands, wish the others would catch up. Patagonia just makes much better gear.

K

Kootenay Hunter

Patagonia has done some fantastic conservation work for native fisheries, they've done a lot of good, probably out weighs whatever 'bad' they've done. Great gear, everything I've owned has been solid.

bipartisanship, even with clothing!

Patagonia has done some fantastic conservation work for native fisheries, they've done a lot of good, probably out weighs whatever 'bad' they've done. Great gear, everything I've owned has been solid.

bipartisanship, even with clothing!

@Kootenay Hunter just curious if you're aware of their partnership with the Wildlife Defence League? By all means wear whatever keeps you warm and dry as long as you know that a dollar spent with Patagonia (especially the Vancouver location) is a dollar spent against your own hunting rights as a BC resident.