Patriot Valley Ams- Osprey 6mm Prefit Barrel Group Buy

OP
B_Reynolds_AK
Couldn't agree more thats why I had ordered my 6prc from him. Did you get a 6cm?
Yeah, a 1:7 twist 18” 6 CM with the PVA Standard freebore (Longer than SAAMI)

My 20” Light Palma is twisted and throated the same. It absolutely hammers. I’ve ran it out to 1300 yards on my HNT 26/AnTi X build.

I shoot 112g Barnes Match Burner’ @ 2,900 fps. This is with Hornady brass and H4350. I’ll be using Alpha brass and should be able to hit that number with the shorter barrel and a little more powder.

Josh recently changed their process of contouring to try and eliminate that, as they are more focused on longer and heavier contour barrels and didn't quite get what we wanted as lightweight mountain hunters. This is the reason that I proposed the taperless contours that he recently implemented, ie the .630 and .750. These may not be the lightest for a long barrel, but in the 16"-20" range, should be pretty ideal.

I'm much more comfortable purchasing from someone who builds competition barrels and needs some direction on creating a lightweight, suppressed barrel, than rolling the dice with a more consumer oriented company.

the new info on the the website is definitely much improved over what it was when i ordered last july.

slowelk

WKR
an osprey 3b at 16" can take 5/8x24 threads but does not have enough of a shoulder for mounting a cgs hyperion. I like PVA, but you need to be extremely specific with them about whatever dimensions you need on the barrel, otherwise they'll taper it to what they feel like that day.

I think we've had an exchange about this before, but my 20" 3B from PVA has enough shoulder for the hyperion - 0.750".

I also think the 3B at 20-22" is fine for a hunting rifle in terms of weight. Suppressed, bipod, ammo, 10#.

my 16" 3b had a .69 shoulder, hence my original comment about reallly communicating with them about exactly what you need. They custom contour every barrel, so its not a big deal to be specific.

slowelk

WKR
I'd like to know weights of the .750" taperless contour. I'm not on the 6mm train, but my 6.5 PRC will need to be replaced in 2025.

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I'd like to know weights of the .750" taperless contour. I'm not on the 6mm train, but my 6.5 PRC will need to be replaced in 2025.
Don't know what their contour down to the .75" looks like in comparison to PBB but I have a 19" .284cal tikka lite hybrid .075" taperless that is 35.9oz. Someone else has a fluted 18" 6mm that was something like 31.9oz iirc.

ofl0926

WKR
Anyone know if they do prefit for Mack bros evo II?
Also at 22in length what contour would you recommend? Hunting rifle. I want it fluted and will be running suppressed. Barreled action will go into a xlr chassis.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lak2004

WKR
Anyone know if they do prefit for Mack bros evo II?
Also at 22in length what contour would you recommend? Hunting rifle. I want it fluted and will be running suppressed. Barreled action will go into a xlr chassis.

Phew, sounds long and heavy.....

SloppyJ

WKR
Just ordered a 6 creed x-caliber carbon barrel on Monday. Wish I would have known about this. It was a bit cheaper though with their sale. I have my PVA .223 barrel coming in today to tide me over until then. This will be my first run with both brands.

lak2004

WKR
6 creed is what I want

How far are you wanting to shoot and what bullet? I'd cut the barrel as short as possible if you're going suppressed that will work for your max distance on game (if this is a hunting rifle).

lak2004

WKR
Man I wish he did a tikka lite profile
Right, I'd like to see a thinner profile with a flared end for 5/8-24 threads I guess fluting is an option on the taperless to bring weight down. To me the reduced recoil of a 6mm for hunting means keeping the weight to a minimum but I suppose most folks shooting 6mm are doing so for competition

Right, I'd like to see a thinner profile with a flared end for 5/8-24 threads I guess fluting is an option on the taperless to bring weight down. To me the reduced recoil of a 6mm for hunting means keeping the weight to a minimum but I suppose most folks shooting 6mm are doing so for competition
you can usually get 1/2-9/16 on a tikka lite so I wouldn’t even need the bell on a 6mm personally

SloppyJ

WKR
Good point. For my ab raptor and the reflex, I'd rather not have adapters but it's not that big of a deal.
If you do get an adapter, call AB and order one from them. It's flawless. I had a local "smith" cut and crown a model 70. It could only be threaded to 1/2" and they put an adapter on there. It was so bad I couldn't get an alignment rod through the suppressor and into the bore. I checked that their original threads were good and it was because of the adapter.

I called AB and got a 1/2 to 5/8 adapter and it's good to go now. Just FYI.