Paypal Rules of Engagement?

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
There are no rules of engagement.......only simple negotiation skills. Just like any other form of bartering, negotiating and coming to an agreement BEFORE any payment is made (by whatever means), is the key.

LostArra

WKR
Something for sellers to keep in mind. If you include Fees in your price, you might make sure the buyer's paypal account is not linked to a foreign credit card which now becomes an international transaction and the fee is higher than usual. I got surprised by one sale where the buyer paid in two separate payments both with paypal per international credit card. I now stipulate paypal from US bank or card.

As others have mentioned, it’s good practice to specifically call out FF or +3% if that’s what you’re expecting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't use Paypal anymore... they revoked my account two weeks ago because I'm in the firearms industry.... *rolleyes*

Prior to that I either requested F&F for ads on here or buyer adds 3%. It was negotiated a few times where we split fees and haggled a bit. Never was an issue.

Mike

Kind of off topic, but when I see someone asking for the 3% on a $13 item I have to chuckle. I get it if we're talking several hundred dollars, but hell even if it's a $100 item, that's only 3 bucks. At $13 we're talking 39 cents.....
Asking for fees has been discussed in the past and it was pretty clear it was a turn off for many. As was stating "firm".

Well I dont know what I did wrong but I sent F&F for something I bought here recently from a member I dealt with earlier and somehow I ended up getting charged like 3%($11.50 or so for $385) Didnt make any sense to me. If I had know it I would just have added 3% for goods and services.

pawater

FNG
They are anti 2a for sure. Be careful, I had someone put in a description that threw a flag up for them. They locked my account and about 2k in funds for a week. They even called and gave me stern warning that if it happened again, they would ban me for life. I try not to use them for anything now.

I don't use Paypal anymore... they revoked my account two weeks ago because I'm in the firearms industry.... *rolleyes*

Prior to that I either requested F&F for ads on here or buyer adds 3%. It was negotiated a few times where we split fees and haggled a bit. Never was an issue.

Mike

odin544

FNG
It's a sellers fee, not a buyer's fee. If you chose to only accept PayPal, which most sellers do because of the convenience of getting the money quickly, why should the buyer pay for the sellers choice. Figure that into your price as the cost of selling online. If a seller is asking for the buyer to pay F&F that's a red flag to me. I wont buy from them.

FlyGuy

WKR
They are anti 2a for sure. Be careful, I had someone put in a description that threw a flag up for them. They locked my account and about 2k in funds for a week. They even called and gave me stern warning that if it happened again, they would ban me for life. I try not to use them for anything now.

I didn’t realize that. Maybe that’s why I had an issue last year with an outfitter? This was a guided hunt with a couple of clients for TX Aoudad. Guy didn’t take Credit Cards, but I was trying to make it easier on myself for reimbursement by charging the hunt to my card. He set up a PayPal acct for his outfitting service and I paid him via PayPal- charged to my company CC. Everything looked fine, but it took him over a month to get the money? They were holding it and only releasing small amounts at a time? Felt terrible about it but had no idea. Never seen that before or since.

You can’t cheat the mountain

Number one you should never send f&f for anything you buy. Hello you have no coverage or backing. Number two I will never pay in addition to asking price a paypal fee. I love how sellers think PayPal does nothing for them and it should be on the buyer to cover that. Well let me tell you it makes it easier for you to sell your crap by offering a convenient payment method for people to pay YOU their money. Gives YOU the ability to accept a credit card payment. You can sell to people that really cant afford whatever you are offering. Basically it's the price of doing business.
Third and most importantly. We shouldn't be using garbage paypal company anyway. I have quit using them. They dont care about your constitutional rights and quite frankly are un American and use shady business practices in my opinion.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Trial153

WKR
I love the price of doing business Bullshit. I have news for you ...I am not doing business.
Treat each other with respect, come to a fair agreement for both people and then live up to it. There are probably 50 guys on here I would send f&f to without second thought and have done it and will do it again.

I love the price of doing business Bullshit. I have news for you ...I am not doing business.
Treat each other with respect, come to a fair agreement for both people and then live up to it. There are probably 50 guys on here I would send f&f to without second thought and have done it and will do it again.
Good for you. I say just ask a price dont say plus 3% paypal. I know I ain't paying that as you say bullshit. Actually I dont use them anymore anyways as they suck a nut sack.

Trial153

WKR
Good for you. I say just ask a price dont say plus 3% paypal. I know I ain't paying that as you say bullshit. Actually I dont use them anymore anyways as they suck a nut sack.

Why do you try not telling people what they should or shouldnt do or what they should or should ask. Considering that first its none of your business what other people do and secondly by your own admission you dont have any experience purchasing or selling anything on this sight.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Well let me tell you it makes it easier for you to sell your crap by offering a convenient payment method for people to pay YOU their money.

There it is........"a convenience for the buyer". Personally, as a seller I'd prefer cash or a MO and in person transactions.......I only offer PP as a convenience for the buyer if they prefer that. I'm not a business.......it's not a business expense. I've had several guys on here pay with F&F after never asking them to do that. And I would never demand that........that's up to them. But as for the final price........whether that includes any fees or anything else.........all that is negotiated into the deal before any payments are made. So in the end, ya, that always comes out of the seller's account........after the negotiations.

Anyone....as a seller....would be a lot smarter to set a firm price and then add a note stating "3% discount for payments made via check, money order, PayPal F&F or by passenger pigeon". Leave the choice to the buyer.

Why do you try not telling people what they should or shouldnt do or what they should or should ask. Considering that first its none of your business what other people do and secondly by your own admission you dont have any experience purchasing or selling anything on this sight.
Sorry it was just meant to be a suggestion. Like buying anything here is different from any other forum I've bought tons of stuff off of.

E-bay smoked me the same way one time but it was MUCH more than 3%. It was like 25%. I was pi$$ed!

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Anyone....as a seller....would be a lot smarter to set a firm price and then add a note stating "3% discount for payments made via check, money order, PayPal F&F or by passenger pigeon". Leave the choice to the buyer.

Or the seller could just say "The price is $100, how the buyer gets exactly $100 into my hand is up to the buyer".;)

cbiddle

Lil-Rokslider
I always pay the fee and shipping if I’m the seller. I personally prefer not to do Friends and Family either. If something goes south your protected through PayPal. You do friends and family you are not protected.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk