Status
Not open for further replies.

team3t

WKR
Rating - 100%
63   0   0
Peax Backcountry Pro Sissy Stix Trekking Poles

Top pole is broke about 10” below handle

The bottom pole was used once. Perfect condition.

Broke one pole first day out shed hunting. Not under warranty. I had to buy a new set (different brand) locally so no use for this good pole.

Reduced price basically for one pole to be used as a backup. The second pole included. Can use it for parts(bottom section, handle).

$40 TYD

Attachments

• IMG_1182.jpeg
    IMG_1182.jpeg
    372.9 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_1185.jpeg
    IMG_1185.jpeg
    422.2 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_1184.jpeg
    IMG_1184.jpeg
    307.1 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_1183.jpeg
    IMG_1183.jpeg
    281.9 KB · Views: 50
OP
team3t

team3t

WKR
Rating - 100%
63   0   0
Curious. How’d the pole break?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Curious. How’d the pole break?

It was slick and muddy during our hike. I took a spill after loosing my footing. It must have been the angle of the pole at the time combined with my weight on the pole. Never expected a pole to snap in the upper section. The bottom section is aluminum and it seemed to hold up.

Strange place for a break with only my weight on the pole. It was steap and an awkward angle. Taped it up for the remainder of the day. Ran to REI that evening and bought a pair of Komperdals to use the next day.

Leuko tape and a couple of sticks for me through the rest of the day :)

Attachments

• IMG_1179.jpeg
    IMG_1179.jpeg
    340.7 KB · Views: 33
OP
team3t

team3t

WKR
Rating - 100%
63   0   0
No worries. Unfortunate break. Just trying to recoup some $ after buying a new pair. Thx

Rating - 100%
110   0   0
I can’t believe peax hasn’t sent you a brand new pole and asked how it broke so they can address the issue. I’ve heard of 3 guys breaking these poles now and having zero customer service after it happens. I think peax is aware their poles are faulty but do not want to make it rite. I have argali poles and was on the preorder for them way back when they first came out, I used them on a cold morning and the glue failed on the piece that attaches tip to pole, I emailed them and they asked what happened and said they want to improve their poles and need to know what happened. I told them and sent them a picture, they overnighted me a brand new pole. I will definitely continue to use argali knowing that peax is doing that.

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
I’ve heard similar. As much as I care about the customer service side of things, which I can agree they need to improve, I care multitudes more about having equipment that does what it should and doesn’t fail. I’ve personally used poles (not peax) way beyond what I felt was the intended use and have never broken one….the break alone would be enough for me to move on.

Sounds like theres likely someone out there who needs a new single or maybe wants to stock up on a spare

Andrew11

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I care multitudes more about having equipment that does what it should and doesn’t fail. I’ve personally used poles (not peax) way beyond what I felt was the intended use and have never broken one….the break alone would be enough for me to move on.
Completely agree. It would be 1 thing if they were $20-$30 poles. But in there price point they should perform at a high level.
Have put some leki poles through some stuff that probably should have broken them but didnt.
Guess all the $$ went towards marketing not r&d, sure see them "recommended" a lot 😂

Last edited:
OP
team3t

team3t

WKR
Rating - 100%
63   0   0
I’ve heard similar. As much as I care about the customer service side of things, which I can agree they need to improve, I care multitudes more about having equipment that does what it should and doesn’t fail. I’ve personally used poles (not peax) way beyond what I felt was the intended use and have never broken one….the break alone would be enough for me to move on.

Sounds like theres likely someone out there who needs a new single or maybe wants to stock up on a spare

Exactly. I have no use for the single. I guess it would make a decent tent pole🤷🏻‍♂️

Status
Not open for further replies.