Peax equipment sleeping bag

fulltiltaudio

Lil-Rokslider
It looks like Peax might be coming out with a new sleeping bag? It appears as though Lampers was using it this spring. Maybe It's already been discussed, I would be curious to see some of the specs and how it performs if so! Anybody have info they are allowed to share!?
2040610bf09de20373329c639fd22936.jpg

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk

rcb2000

WKR
Just my two cents, if it’s anything like their teepee, headlamp, trekking poles, it’s likely made in China by some other company and rebranded.

I wouldn’t be that interested unless it’s drastically cheaper than a Kuiu/Stone Glacier/Western Mtneering for similar specs.

Just my two cents, if it’s anything like their teepee, headlamp, trekking poles, it’s likely made in China by some other company and rebranded.

I wouldn’t be that interested unless it’s drastically cheaper than a Kuiu/Stone Glacier/Western Mtneering for similar specs.
Likely so. Not saying it's bad gear, but it's the Amazon model of changing branding and reselling the same items. It took me longer than most to realize the marketing machine behind Peax (and many other brands). I don't have any social media and I just started getting into podcasts, so I'm new to the whole Gritty podcast and pseudo celebrity hunting endorsements. After I listened to 2 episodes, I realized it all a big commercial for Peax.

4a10ed27-1176-49ce-ae4a-d2111b8f3e5d_text.gif

Primal-Understanding

Lil-Rokslider
HAHA what a shocker (enter sarcasm). I honestly cant see anything about Peax that makes me want to ever buy one thing of theirs. I really struggle to ever willingly put money in B. Calls pockets either. Maybe Im too harsh a critic though.

What is your take or experience with the two?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fulton

FNG
HAHA what a shocker (enter sarcasm). I honestly cant see anything about Peax that makes me want to ever buy one thing of theirs. I really struggle to ever willingly put money in B. Calls pockets either. Maybe Im too harsh a critic though.

Why?

The_Jim

Lil-Rokslider
I would probably like Call if I met him in person but the constant product pushing by him and all the other “hunting personalities” gets old. I stopped listening to hunting podcasts and media a couple years ago because of the constant product pushing and the endless regurgitated content…

Bearsears

WKR
I personally feel Brian Call has stood on the shoulders of giants in this space and then turned and bit the hand that fed him (see Aron Snyder). His podcast became a sales show for whatever product or company he was working with at the time and began to lack any real objectivity.

As far as Peax, I dont see any big innovation from them as others have already commented. It seems to be the same as Brian in a lot of ways. Take what others have done and do better, Seek Outside, Stone Glacier, Sitka, Nemo, etc. Make it cheap and sell it for high price like its at the same level.

This is just my opinion however. If someone has their gear, loves it, and wants to support them and the brand go for it. We are definitely blessed with a lot of options these days.

rcb2000

WKR
I personally feel Brian Call has stood on the shoulders of giants in this space and then turned and bit the hand that fed him (see Aron Snyder). His podcast became a sales show for whatever product or company he was working with at the time and began to lack any real objectivity.

As far as Peax, I dont see any big innovation from them as others have already commented. It seems to be the same as Brian in a lot of ways. Take what others have done and do better, Seek Outside, Stone Glacier, Sitka, Nemo, etc. Make it cheap and sell it for high price like its at the same level.

This is just my opinion however. If someone has their gear, loves it, and wants to support them and the brand go for it. We are definitely blessed with a lot of options these days.
I wouldn't have an issue with what Peax is doing if they were at a better price.
The fact is, they take what others do here in the US with quality products and American labor,, and then ship it over seas to be make cheaper, and then charge the SAME price as the US one.
I can only assume they take those big margins and pump it back into the marketing machine that is the pockets of their influencers...

Bearsears

WKR
I wouldn't have an issue with what Peax is doing if they were at a better price.
The fact is, they take what others do here in the US with quality products and American labor,, and then ship it over seas to be make cheaper, and then charge the SAME price as the US one.
I can only assume they take those big margins and pump it back into the marketing machine that is the pockets of their influencers...
I agree 100% and this is what I was trying to say but less eloquently.

Primal-Understanding

Lil-Rokslider

Wholeheartedly agree. I generally like their designs - specifically the tipi. But their price points are ridiculous for the product and where its made.