Permethrin mishap

Tod osier

WKR
Permethrin is applied directly to the skin for kids with scabies and the scalp and hair for lice. It can be toxic, as well as some people may have reactions as can happen with anything. In general though if spraying on outside of clothing and allowed to completely dry, should pose a pretty low risk. To me that is a better risk than Lyme.

Also though people need to think about disposal of a gallon of the stuff since it is extremely hazardous to aquatic life and should be prevented from getting into wetlands, streams, lakes, etc...

Last edited:
OP
Gobbler36

Gobbler36

WKR
Just buy the Sawyer pump bottle and follow the instructions... I buy a bottle for turkey every Spring and haven't had a tick on me since I started using it several years ago.
Yeah I’ve got that route but those little bottles add up
Guess that’s what I get for try8ng to cut corners or being stupid

GotDraw?

WKR
Ok, OP

I may have a fix for your problem.

If Permethrin is soluble in hydrocarbon solvents, then simply send your gear to the dry cleaner. The dry cleaning solvents will remove the Permethrin and it will be so diluted by the large loads run in commercial dry cleaners that no one else will have a problem either.

Of course, your clothes would need to be dry-cleanable...

OP
Gobbler36

Gobbler36

WKR
Ok, OP

I may have a fix for your problem.

If Permethrin is soluble in hydrocarbon solvents, then simply send your gear to the dry cleaner. The dry cleaning solvents will remove the Permethrin and it will be so diluted by the large loads run in commercial dry cleaners that no one else will have a problem either.

Of course, your clothes would need to be dry-cleanable...
This sounds like a good option
Anyone know if first Lite wool can be dry cleaned or the guide pant?

GotDraw?

WKR
Check the tag in the garment:
Circle is for dry cleaning
Circle with F inside means dry cleanable
Circle with P inside means dry clean as standard method of cleaning
Circle with "x" through it means do not dry clean

This sounds like a good option
Anyone know if first Lite wool can be dry cleaned or the guide pant?

Elky_man

FNG
Bucket wash with dawn dish soap. It will help break down the petroleum base. Do this refreshing the water serval times then wash with the non scent detergent for hunting clothes then use some scent killer on em. I made this mistake once. Now I only use the stuff from sawyers that’s made for clothing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk