Phantom or phantom xl saddle for tall hunter

Jg48

FNG
Hey guys

I’m 6”8” 240-250lbs. Lean ish. Definitely a big guy but not because I’m not chunky, just big/tall. Wear jeans from retail stores (gap, Eddie Bauer etc) 34 or 36 waist size but my actual waist measurement with clothe measure tape is 38”. Feel like I’m on cusp between phantom or phantom xl. Any recommendations out there between the two? Thanks I’m advance.

Last edited:

JakeShmevans

Lil-Rokslider
Classified Approved
I personally have a Phantom as I’m a smaller waisted guy at 6’3” 205. Had a guy with extensive days in the saddle recommend the XL for layering with more comfort. I would go with the XL.

I’m 5’’8”, 165 and the phantom fits fine around my waist. I do wish it was deeper in the seat. With that in mind I would really consider the XL at your size.

98XJRC

Lil-Rokslider
I’m 6’1” right around 200 lbs and 36” waist. I found the standard phantom to not be the most comfortable for longer sits. Honestly wasn’t large enough in the seat. I’m switching to an Overwatch Transformer this year and with the limited seat time I know I made the right choice. From what I’ve seen most people start with tethrd then branch out to other brands.

You could go either way honestly, it will come down to what feels the best. I work for Tethrd and put a lot of people in saddles at demos and it’s about 50/50 on which size guys go with. Shoot me a PM I’d be glad to help or answer any questions you might have!

Jared

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lowg08

WKR
I’m 6’2” 230 36x36 pants and I can’t do either phantom.I went with the menace. Another friend 6’1” 265. He also uses the menace just a better big guy saddle. If I swap saddles I’m going with a Cruzr XC.

I love my Transformer. It’s a little heavier but the comfort is really nice in the two panel. The TX5 Reaper is also very comfortable. I have tried a cruzr but many people like them. Latitude also