Phone adapter for Swaro ATC/STC

BjornF16

WKR
Been using a Novagrade phone adapter for digiscoping on my previous spotters. Just received an ATC and I'm finding that the largest ring for the Novagrade won't stay on the ATC lens. The ATC lens (58.5mm) is within the Novagrade maximum diameter (60.75mm).

What are y'all ATC/STC digiscopers using for mounting your phone?

I'd like to stay with adjustable phone mount if possible. Went with Novagrade because I was tired of constantly buying a phone case every time I changed phones

Wapiti151

WKR
This is what I use and love it. Same reasons as you from the phone case side of things, and it’s universal to any size…so I can use on my spotter but also any of my binos. Just stick the little plate on your existing case and leave it. Not as quick as the new magnet options like magview or Ollin…but don’t have to buy multiple adapters either.

BCsteve

WKR
This is what I use and love it. Same reasons as you from the phone case side of things, and it’s universal to any size…so I can use on my spotter but also any of my binos. Just stick the little plate on your existing case and leave it. Not as quick as the new magnet options like magview or Ollin…but don’t have to buy multiple adapters either.

I also have a Scopecam and I will add a work of caution because it doesn't work for me. I have a Athlon Ares Gen2 15-45x65. The eyepiece body is aluminum with a thin rubber eye relief ring which is slightly recessed. The "fingers" are fairly short at 1/2" and made of aluminum so they're too long (wouldn't be secured enough anyway) to grasp the eye relief ring and they are too short and slippery to grab the aluminum body. It's a nice piece of kit but doesn't work on my spotter. I have a Novagrade in the mail as we speak.

Looking at a photo of a Swarovski ATC, you may have similar issues with the Scopecam.

mdf21

Lil-Rokslider
I use an Ollin on my STC. I've used Magview also. I like both but prefer the Ollin

I use an Ollin on my STC. I've used Magview also. I like both but prefer the Ollin
Same here.

The Ollin adapter for the STC I bought used came with an Ollin phone case that didn't match my phone. I was able to remove the magnetic adapter and used adhesive pads to connect it to a new phone case. The setup works really well.

Switched from the Magview to the Ollin when I upgraded to an STC. This is with an iPhone 13. The iPhone 15 Ollin case came in yesterday so will be interesting to see if the quality is better. Elk are about 2 miles away (3 miles ground distance), not zoomed in on the phone camera very much to get the whole herd in view. Very happy with the setup. The Ollin is definitely superior in my book.

Attachments

• IMG_2997.JPG
    IMG_2997.JPG
    354.5 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_3002.JPG
    IMG_3002.JPG
    314.9 KB · Views: 11