Photography- one photo a day

nnmarcher

Lil-Rokslider
Two alpine ibex in the alps north of Innsbruck, Austria. I watched nine of them cross a massive bowl covered in scree to this grassy slope where they fed up towards the peak until I lost them in low clouds.
DSC03296 3.JPG

Last edited:

grfox92

WKR
Heading north to nowhere. Doesn't get much more remote.
c615b452a0753f56322f5aad3b82aef8.jpg

Sent from my SM-G990U using Tapatalk

THLR

Lil-Rokslider
Lovely Stevek. Your consistent high quality made me splurge on a 200-600mm lens. Still learning to use it, hate to carry it, but so far no regrets.

Stevek

WKR
Lovely Stevek. Your consistent high quality made me splurge on a 200-600mm lens. Still learning to use it, hate to carry it, but so far no regrets.
Thanks. I splurged 16 yrs ago after a trip to NZ with my 100-400mm lens. It was just not enough lens for the type of wildlife photography I like to do. So I bought a 500mm 4.0 IS lens. As it aged and was not working as well with the newer sensors on Canon cameras I went to the 150-600 Sigma Sport lens but have struggled with that lens on my older DSLRs. With Canon phasing out DSLRs and some lenses I decided to buy an almost new 500mm 4.0 IS II lens this spring. Then added a Canon R7. That newer lens and R7 is getting me very sharp images. I have not put the R7 to the Sigma Sport 150-600 for a trial yet. But was it gets cooler and animals move better in the late evenings I will try the combo. They get mixed reviews from great to horrible. I've tried it at my house shooting thru double pane dining room windows with some success...even in low light. It is an expensive hobby but like I say...I can't take that money with me so I might as well put it into something I can enjoy while I still can...lol. I enjoy wildlife photography and don't mind spending what I can on it.

Just spent a couple of hours looking at y’all’s great photography. Thought I’d throw this one up here.

My daughter late last season when we stumbled upon 9 fresh piglets in a swamp on an island of grass wit my no chance of survival. As much as she enjoys the hunt and harvest she knows how to respect and take care of what we have.

Attachments

• IMG_8741.jpeg
    IMG_8741.jpeg
    373.8 KB · Views: 68