Photography- one photo a day

GSPHUNTER

WKR
kJcKqZHh.jpg
I like it.

AKDoc

WKR
That was one of the most grueling flights of my life, Dublin to Chicago, then Chicago to Anchorage. Nine time zones and chasing the sun the whole way.
Yup! :ROFLMAO: Got back 1am yesterday...still adjusting to the time change. We had it pretty easy, used air miles to get business class on AerLingus...nonstop Dublin to SEA, then home. They have it set-up now that you clear US Customs at the airport in Dublin before leaving...a pretty easy do.

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
That was one of the most grueling flights of my life, Dublin to Chicago, then Chicago to Anchorage. Nine time zones and chasing the sun the whole way.
That’s a long one! I leave this Friday heading from Phoenix, AZ to Vancouver, BC. 6 hour layover in Vancouver then a direct flight to Brisbane, Australia.

Normally I break up the trip by laying over in Hawaii for a night but not an option this time.

A zoomed in look at this amazing American fortress in the cliffs to the 700's . How did they access it? Why there? This one is not part of Mesa Verde but in the area.

tAKOwI2h.jpg
Without a fuller view it’s hard to tell how they accessed these. You’ll see nocks in the rocks at some sites were they would attach framing/ scaffolding and build
In front of the wall. These upper “apartments” could be reached via multi storied rooms.

Not sure if this is that style.
Ladders were also utilized.

If I had to guess, I’d say this might be granaries for storing corn/ staples. But just a guess.

If you’ve never been to Taos it’s well worth a few days/ weeks poking around. The Pueblo there is oldest city in north America continuously inhabited.

Plus there’s some great cave cities in rhe area if your into this sort of thing.

My phone is full of them just having lived in Wyoming for 3 years. I'm not even trying, it's just real daily life and I absolutely love it. Life changing to live here.

Sent from my SM-G990U using Tapatalk
I lived in WY in the late '80's and absolutely fell in love with the state. When I left there I promised myself that If Alaska didn't work out, I'll head back to Wyoming and spend the rest of my life.....I'm still waiting for AK to not work out. :)

grfox92

WKR
I lived in WY in the late '80's and absolutely fell in love with the state. When I left there I promised myself that If Alaska didn't work out, I'll head back to Wyoming and spend the rest of my life.....I'm still waiting for AK to not work out. :)
There is so much hidden cool shit. Just pounding boot leather in the dessert you find insane rock formations, caves in the mountains, lakes and ponds, cliffs and rock faces, all stuff no one has ever heard of because there is so much of it.

Sent from my SM-G990U using Tapatalk