Photos from this year

OP
colonel00

colonel00

WKR
The GoPro has settings to shoot photo at .5,1,2,5,10,30 and 60 seconds. You just set it up and hit the button and off it goes. Remember though, when using the timer, a full rotation is an hour so every 2 seconds gives you 1800 photos. This will fill up a sizable SD card quickly

OP
colonel00

colonel00

WKR
I had some time to go through a few more.

MountainWyoming_zps83274a94.jpg

DeadTree_zpsa3c71390.jpg

DeerLookingBack_zpse9973d2e.jpg

McKinleyfromdownsouth_zps5de2ba4c.jpg

Riverbank_zps1bfc0793.jpg

FogintheTrees_zpsb263af04.jpg

luke moffat

Super Moderator
Great pics Brad!!!! One of these photos actually has where my Avatar picture was taken from!!! Good stuff man!

colonel00, the last pic in post #44 of the pipeline with the mountain behind it, I've hiked to the top of that mountain. Did it with a few friends a few years ago. We got to the top right at midnight and were taking pictures of us silhouetted by the sun that was still above the mountain-tops (it was obviously summer). That was a really cool experience.

On the way down, we took a different route and ran into a few dall ewes and lambs, and we came across what we think was a bear hibernation den. We were adventurous (or stupid, take your pick) and decided to check it out inside. Luckily for us it wasn't currently occupied. There were several layers of frost/ice in one spot on the ground, but no where else, and no running/dripping water that we could find. My buddy said he thought it was from the bears breath all winter long after months of breath condensation build-up.

OP
colonel00

colonel00

WKR
Luke, which one?

back country, very cool. Yeah, it along with several of the pictures are of fairly recognizable landmarks. That sounds like a fun hike but I don't know that I would be bold enough to go exploring bear dens. Plus, with my luck as a non-res, I beautiful grizz would probably be sitting there presenting an easy shot and I would not be able to take it :)

yeah one guy had a .45 magnum loaded and I think at least one other guy had a gun. Our nerves were definitely on edge as we got closer and slowly started making our way in. We were definitely 'playing with fire' proverbially speaking...but you only live once right?!? ;)