Pic Request Outdoorsman Stud on older Swaro EL's

Solitude

WKR
I have been kicking around how to properly mount my older style Swaro EL 10x Binos on a tripod so they can be used more effectively.

I think I remember reading the following below, and am looking for confirmation with pictures if you have any.

1. They will drill/tap/thread a stud into the end of the older EL's for roughly $50. This will allow me to use their $89 kit to mount them on a tripod.

2. The stud can be left in the binocular and it extend roughly flush to the bottom, which allows a guy to wear them without being poked continually in the chest. Does anyone have a picture if this installed?

3. The mount does not void the Swaro warranty.

Are there any other options you guys recommend I consider for mounting the older style EL's?

Thanks for any pictures you may have.

Craig4791

WKR
#1 is a yes

#2 I think your talking about the bino tripod adapter. They offer two sizes one is a regular the other is a long. The pic I'm attaching is a long mounted on a set of 2012 EL 10X50's.

#3 that's correct.

Not sure what you are considering old but even my 2012 models didnt have a stud to start with.

nuhyqeqe.jpg

udy9e6as.jpg

6ypusuta.jpg

Last edited:

shaun

WKR
Make sure you understand that number three will not void your warranty only if outdoorsman's does the installation anyone else that does it your warranty will be void

OP
Solitude

Solitude

WKR
Those pictures and info is exactly what I needed to see, many thanks. I will chat with them on the long mount vs short mount for my 10x42's.

That looks like a really clean/simple installation.

I will give them a ring today, thanks again.

JasonWi

WKR
I've been wanting to do the exact same thing to my El's. I'll for sure have it done before my trips next year.

RosinBag

Super Moderator
Staff member
I use the Swaro bino adaptor and put the outdoorsman adaptor on that. I didn't like the more permanent style of the other mount from above.

OP
Solitude

Solitude

WKR
So I chatted with Chris at Outdoorsmans (good guy) and sent my EL's off to have the stud mounted in them. I am leaning towards purchasing the regular adaptor to mount them on my fluid head. (The large is required on the "big glass" but not my 10x)

I will post some pictures when they are returned later this month. I will also try to post some pics/feedback after I do some field testing in mid August. I have never had a steady hand with 10x and am excited to try them on a tripod.