Plantar fasciitis

I’ve dealt with it off and on for a while. I run up to 1/2 marathon distance and don’t stretch my calves like I should.

Podiatrist recommended Powerstep 1/2 insoles in all my shoes which helped some.

Ultimately what relieves my pain is this goofy Strassburg sock.

It keeps your toes extended which helps prevent your feet from extending (toes pointing away from your body like mentioned above about the heavy blankets) while you sleep.

Functions similar to a boot but I think it’s better because it is dynamic and stretches while you sleep.

Now I wear Superfeet insoles in all my running, hiking, and work shoes. Thankfully haven’t had any problems in a couple of years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

westonhoma

Lil-Rokslider
Dealing with plantar fasciitis for the first time. Pain is more in the heel area. For those of you experienced with it, what worked for you getting through it?

I decided last week I better get serious about getting it gone. Now is the time as it’s winter. I’ve got a few sets of insoles coming in the mail. Right now I am taking a two week break from all workouts. No running or lifting. Just light walking around work. Icing and rolling my feet on a frozen water bottle twice a day.

Any other thoughts?
Marathon / ultra marathon runner as well as a studying certified personal trainer here.. Even after your recovery , snag a tennis ball, baseball, whatever ball... and when your just sitting watching tv or on the computer... rub that ball around on the bottom of your feet to massage those areas for a few minutes under each foot. Its the little things that make a difference

fshaw

WKR
May have been covered earlier but I limit the time I walk barefoot around the house. Crocs are easy on/off with good arch support.

ChrisA

WKR
Voodoo or other muscle floss bands on the calves has helped me, along with all the other recommendations mentioned above. Dropping 40 lbs, sugar, and alcohol seemed to help too.

htlt_surfboards

Lil-Rokslider
I have a golf ball under my desk that I roll my foot out on while at the computer, focusing on both the arch and heel. Not pleasant feeling but makes a big difference for me when I do it consistently.

Danny

FNG
I used to have PF in the heel for years it would happen on and off. I would massage my feet and calves and do stretches. The issue is that I am really bad at doing these stretches continuously enough after PF has heeled.

I switched to minimal shoes to strengthen my feet and it's been 3 years since I've had PF pain. It's a big commitment though and does not come without some pain when training your feet.

PF is linked to tightness in calves. Or at least it was for me. Start stretching your calves. There’s a few different ways. Dry needling in the calf helped me a lot.

Also for me very flat shoes helped a lot. Vans slip ons and altra lone peak.
I delt with it for about 4 months, saw a chiropractor on youtube said to stretch your calves. I started doing a one minute stretch on stairs. My pain was gone in a week.

N2TRKYS

WKR
I’ve had it for several years and has never went away. I guess once you really get it, it never goes away.

ChrisD

FNG
I had PF- it sucks for sure. I tried night splints- didn’t work. What did work was rest (2 weeks no running) ice, rolling the heels with my son’s baseballs, the laces help break up the fibers- and then switching to zero drop shoes- Altras. That fixed it. 3 yrs now & no PF, I swear by zero drop shoes now. Lone Peaks or Timps. Worth the $