Please recommend a predator call

IMG_2954.jpgWhat do you guys recommend for a good quality predator call for Kodiak brown bear?
Doe bleat? Rabbit squeal? What brand would be lightweight for stalking?

ledflight

WKR
For anyone who has used a FoxPro or similar - what advantages does this offer over using a regular bluetooth speaker and a predator calling app?

OP
Greyinggrayling
For anyone who has used a FoxPro or similar - what advantages does this offer over using a regular bluetooth speaker and a predator calling app?
I’m mainly looking at portability. Going to a fly-out camp that has weight restrictions in a Super Cub.

A dedicated predator e caller will allow you to be further away from the speaker with the remote.
If you could have a call sequence on your phone you could always leave phone by caller but would not have ability to switch calls or adjust volume.

crrakcrrak

Lil-Rokslider
I had a foxpro that was stolen, great caller. My friend has the Alpha Dog from primos that is nice and way cheaper than the foxpro. The Turbo dog is a good bit less than the Alpha dog and we have done just as well with it as any of the more expensive ones.

Team4LongGun

SUPER MODERATOR
Staff member
Foxpro hands down.

Night eyes scan and gun light. Killer combo, both companies in PA.

TheGDog

WKR
For lightweight and portability... this is your Huckleberry.

Just don't know how I'd feel about calling-in a Kodiak towards ME holding a handheld caller.
But I suppose you won't be alone when doing it so it's alright.

EDIT: Might be worthwhile to check regs to know if you're even allowed to bring something that's not a mouth call.

OP
Greyinggrayling
For lightweight and portability... this is your Huckleberry.

Just don't know how I'd feel about calling-in a Kodiak towards ME holding a handheld caller.
But I suppose you won't be alone when doing it so it's alright.

EDIT: Might be worthwhile to check regs to know if you're even allowed to bring something that's not a mouth call.
Legal to use electronic calls in Alaska for all species except moose.