polarized sunglasses

cardiac5

Lil-Rokslider
What’s the best polarized sunglasses out there today? Mine got a new home after accidentally leaving them in the church pew book rack. Made it 2.5 years which is a record for me. Only looking at polarized options being I fish 3-4 days a week. These were costa reefton 580g. I couldn’t find any recent threads and wanted to see if there was anything better out there to try. I’ve tried Oakley already. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I liked kaenon when I spent a lot of time on the water ( 10 years ago so stuff may have changed since)

Prefer Maui Jim’s, but haven’t given costas a full trial. Just did some quick 5 min testing at a store, so no water or reflections. I don’t think you can go wrong with either: it wasn’t that that Maui jims were better, I was just used to the feel on the face. I do have very sensitive eyes and have tried other brands, but at this point if I needed/wanted a new pair I would pick between those two brands with glass lenses.

Check out fuse lenses and sunglasses. They started with just replacement lenses and now have a nice selection of frames too. I have 1 pair and about to order a second. On par with my Costas and oakleys but for less than half the cost.

Sent from my SM-S921U using Tapatalk

Costa fan here. No denying their quality sunglasses with phenomenal lenses. However if you tend to lose or break your glasses a bit more often, check out strike king. I buy these catawba sunglasses every year for beaters. $30 and they do a great job cutting glare and hold up well. They offer multiple styles, colors and lense tint.

SKSGSKP455.jpg

Most comfortable sunglasses brand I’ve ever used. This is the model I have currently.

Costa customer service is not what it used to be. Gone downhill since the buy out. Overall good glass. Frames and everything else is on par with others.

Costa customer service is not what it used to be. Gone downhill since the buy out. Overall good glass. Frames and everything else is on par with others.
I was at an event in St. Augustine where they had a rep from Bajilo Sunglasses. I tried on several pairs and really liked them. If I recall they were all glass lenses, not plastic. They are made just south of Daytona (where Costas were made) in New Smyrna Beach. Apparently some of the guys who either worked at, or founded Costas got together and formed the company. These will likely be my next pair of sunglasses. Im guessing that their customer service will rival what Costas used to be.

Thanks everyone. Looks like there’s some super cool options out there I’ve never seen/heard of.

What’s the best polarized sunglasses out there today? Mine got a new home after accidentally leaving them in the church pew book rack. Made it 2.5 years which is a record for me. Only looking at polarized options being I fish 3-4 days a week. These were costa reefton 580g. I couldn’t find any recent threads and wanted to see if there was anything better out there to try. I’ve tried Oakley already. Thanks

Fishandsave had/has the reefton 580p for $39, I got two pair.

Back