Portable Camp Stoves at Lowes

billoo349

Lil-Rokslider
Is this the metal piece? I figured I was the only one who got an extra piece! The rod with a hook is to adjust the air and open door handle?
75e6a6c2e0fcfb02389a89fd31a711c8.jpg

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
Yeah that's it. Mine also came with the rod with a hook and now that I look closer one of the rods on the grate came off lol

Sent from my Pixel 8 Pro using Tapatalk

Do you think this would work well for an outside heat/smoke source for a smoker? I've been using a turkey fryer in my 4x4x6' smoker, but thinking this would be better for smoke and heat?

jeremy.b

Lil-Rokslider
Huh, now I will probably have to find a tent to pair with this little beasty for those quick 1-2 night trips when it's semi nasty outside and I don't want to try to dry gear out with the truck heater...

Attachments

• IMG_20240517_155211.jpg
    IMG_20240517_155211.jpg
    438.8 KB · Views: 100

Maverick1

WKR
I would still like to know: when are you using a 16 pound stove? (Regardless of price). Are you hauling this into the back country? Using at a base camp? In Mom’s backyard after she kicks you out of the basement?

xziang

WKR
This thing is a steal for $30! Mine seems pretty well built. No problem getting it to draft but I'm pretty familiar with a similar sized stove being the lite outdoors cylinder stove. Lots of smoke coming off of it now from the paint. Anyone know what the half circle piece of sheet metal that came with it is?
f48bb5485000498708c173170e8b1cc6.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 8 Pro using Tapatalk
Did younget the 18 or 14

xziang

WKR
That's what I'm thinking. I ordered both because the 18" had been out of stock, got the 14" today but haven't opened the box yet. I doubt I'd ever use it in a situation where I couldn't just setup the 18" stove. I'm gonna get the cheapest Walmart wall tent I can find and play around with it. I have a lightweight titanium stove for the my backpacking tents.
We are in the exact same boat. I ended up with noth sizes. Not sure which one i will keep. I too have a lightweight stove for spike camping.

got mine today, fyi the 14" weighs 16 lbs so don't be getting any ideas. one of the leg screws was wonky but for $29 it's expected. gonna cut the pipes as noted by others and tipi arrives tuesday so seems like a happy pairing. Guess I have a reason to go bear hunting next weekend. Gotta try the new gear.
got mine today, fyi the 14" weighs 16 lbs so don't be getting any ideas. one of the leg screws was wonky but for $29 it's expected. gonna cut the pipes as noted by others and tipi arrives tuesday so seems like a happy pairing. Guess I have a reason to go bear hunting next weekend. Gotta try the new gear.
One of the leg screws was messed up on mine. Messaged their customer service to see if they could send me a new one just needed proof of receipt. While I waited for new leg used a tap and dye set at work to rethread both leg and stove. Got it to work and a few days later got a new stove in the mail not just a leg.

One of the leg screws was messed up on mine. Messaged their customer service to see if they could send me a new one just needed proof of receipt. While I waited for new leg used a tap and dye set at work to rethread both leg and stove. Got it to work and a few days later got a new stove in the mail not just a leg.
Did you go through Lowes or US Stove Co? My 18" is fine but the 14" I ordered is bent in so I can not connect the stove pipe to the stove.

eddielasvegas

WKR & Chairman of the Rokslide Welcoming Committee
Classified Approved
Saw a review on Amazon that the legs gave way (spot welds did me thinks) when the person was heating up water (a large amount for this stove IMO) so double check everything before trusting this Slick Deal.

Edie

Did you go through Lowes or US Stove Co? My 18" is fine but the 14" I ordered is bent in so I can not connect the stove pipe to the stove.
US stove co. I just texted with their customer service line on their home page. Super simple.

Saw a review on Amazon that the legs gave way (spot welds did me thinks) when the person was heating up water (a large amount for this stove IMO) so double check everything before trusting this Slick Deal.

Edie
Mine has rivnuts on it and the two little tack welds on each. The rivnuts look like they'll hold on their own. The tack welds are probably only to keep them from spinning.

Which Kodiak do you have? Did you add the stove jack yourself?
I have the Kodiak Cabin 9x12. I have not added the stove jack yet, but I am getting ready to add one. There are some good threads on here of people who have added jacks to kodiak tents in the past.

Andyram_18

Lil-Rokslider
I have the Kodiak Cabin 9x12. I have not added the stove jack yet, but I am getting ready to add one. There are some good threads on here of people who have added jacks to kodiak tents in the past.
Nice. I’m not too worried about installing it, I just have no clue where. I have a 7 x 9. My tent is just too small for 2 people and a stove. So 1 person it is and a stove I guess.

What are you going to do on the floor under the stove (as far as protection goes).