Portable Camp Stoves at Lowes

Got an 18" on the way. I'm pretty handy with a torch and mig gun so if it doesn't draft good, I'll come up with a way to modify it to use sections of 4" exhaust pipe. Shouldn't be hard to do. I'll make up a lil kit list for yall if I end up doing it.

Between me and friends we just bought 4 18inchers. Hard to beat for the price. Might jump on Amazon and grab a cheap tent for a truck camp setup.

Nice. I’m not too worried about installing it, I just have no clue where. I have a 7 x 9. My tent is just too small for 2 people and a stove. So 1 person it is and a stove I guess.

What are you going to do on the floor under the stove (as far as protection goes).
I am probably going to try and find a big cookie sheet or something similar to put down on the floor.

Ya, a 7x9 might be a little tight.

They Were out of stock yesterday. I looked again this morning and was able to order one! Looking back, mine was stainless steel. That should be interesting.

I’ve watched this thread for months now and finally bit the bullet. They’re back in stock this morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bought one, $29.99 delivered I figured why not. I never backpack in with my stove so I sold my seek outside and plan to replace it with one of these.

I got mine today, pretty impressed for $30!

I can definitely see that the chimney is the weak link - I measured it only about 1.8" ID! If anybody has suggestions for what components to use for a larger diameter chimney I'd love to hear what ideas y'all have come up with!

If I can't come up with a good, inexpensive solution I think I may just have the chimney & damper from the OTHER stove I just bought in the Cheap Titantium Stove thread pull double duty, that one is 2.5".

I got mine today, pretty impressed for $30!

I can definitely see that the chimney is the weak link - I measured it only about 1.8" ID! If anybody has suggestions for what components to use for a larger diameter chimney I'd love to hear what ideas y'all have come up with!

If I can't come up with a good, inexpensive solution I think I may just have the chimney & damper from the OTHER stove I just bought in the Cheap Titantium Stove thread pull double duty, that one is 2.5".

I thought the same thing, but actually didnt have much issue getting a fire started and getting it to draft during burn it.

Got mine going today. It does ok. I did manage to get mine to basically backfire and flame out by building a ripping ass fire with logs and old diesel and motor oil. Don't recommend doing that in the tent.

For $30 I think it's just fine. Definitely going to see about getting a bigger pipe on it though. Having a flame out in the tent would be really bad and being able to build a ripping inferno in this little stove would be really cool.

Attachments

• 20240523_164821.jpg
    20240523_164821.jpg
    447.8 KB · Views: 37
If anybody has suggestions for what components to use for a larger diameter chimney I'd love to hear what ideas y'all have come up with!

I'm probably just going to cut a bigger hole in it and weld a bigger pipe to it, probably in the center. You have to be careful, you can't put 80 pounds of pipe on the back of this dinky thing.

Back