Potential move to cedar city-duck creek area of Utah? Any insight is appreciated good-bad

Wellsdw

WKR
Posting this for my father in law. He will be a Vegas “refugee”. Tired of Vegas cost, crowds and politics. He has been actively shopping duck creek and cedar city. He is not hunter, but avid camper and competitive shooter. I’ve only been through the areas never spent time. I warned him duck creek could be rough come winter…..8500’ elevation 45 min to town.
Any insight of overall area is greatly appreciated. Pm if preferred

Great, another one from Vegas coming :rolleyes:

Kidding, mostly. If you have specific questions let me know. The area is flooding with people from NV and CA. Living up the mountain would be nice if you didn't have to leave the house when the weather is bad. I would not want to drive back and forth to Cedar everyday. Coming down 14 in the snow is scary.

colby12

WKR
I was born and raised in Cedar. Very few things would ever make me move back. Growing up there was great, I left 17 years ago and a lot has changed since then. Most of my family and my inlaws still live there. Shoot me a message if you have specific questions. Going from Vegas he’d probably like it. The people I know that have made that move are glad they did.

Davisjj8

Lil-Rokslider
I’d move just a bit further north to Richfield. Puts him in some great camping country and they have a great long range shooting community there as well. I loved just up the road in Ephraim for a while and loved the easy access to the mountains. Beautiful area.