Powder Dispenser reviews

Mginn68

FNG
Seeking advice on automatic powder dispensers? I currently use a RCBS uniflow powder dispenser, but looking to step up.

Also, if anyone has one for sale ?

Thanks!

Nwracer78

FNG
Just dont buy frankford arsenal intellidropper. They are garbage. Only good thing is there customer support they'll send you a new one every couple of months when yours quits working.

Kindo

WKR
On the flip side, my Intellidropper has performed flawlessly for approximately 1000rds between my .308 and a couple of 300WMs I load for.

D_Dubya

Lil-Rokslider
I have an RCBS Chargemaster Lite, which I think they have changed the name now and added blue tooth capability and now call the Link. Mine has worked flawlessly for about 3 years and a couple thousand loads; my 15yo daughter used it to load for her 243 this evening. I had two Intellidroppers about 3 years ago that both quit in less than a month, maybe they’ve improved since, maybe not.

I’ve also had terrible luck with the Frankfort. 2 were bad within a month and one lasted a year or two. In the end 3/3 failed.

I’ve now got two RCBS charge master supremes and am very happy I made the switch.

Chargemaster Lite- makes dropping powder go much faster. Auto dispense everytime you set the pan back on the scale is great. Has taken some of the drudgery out of reloading for me. I can charge 20 cases quickly and make a box of high quality ammo.

They did have the chargemaster 1500 on close out at Natchez not long ago. I ended up buying the newer version called the Chargemaster Supreme. I like it. It learns the powder and gets faster. Honestly though it's fast enough with out learning. If I could do it again I'd probably go lite or would've bought the close out model.

Johnc427

Lil-Rokslider
I have an Autotrickler V4 I just got and it is awesome. It's on a whole nother level compared to everything else.

I also had a chargemaster lite, and for the price I was actually really impressed with. It would over throw every now and then but for the price I don't think you can beat it.

rayporter

WKR
i have had a chargemaster since they came out and it has never gave any trouble. i travel with it often and use it at the range many times a year.

Tahoe1305

WKR
Another tag for CM lite. Me and two buddies have 4 between us. All solid.

One buddy bought the link expecting lite like performance. He sold it and bought a lite….could have been a bad sample.

Clarktar

WKR
I also have the CM lite. No issues here. I did add the soda straw to help the metering.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

ID_Matt

WKR
I run 2 chargemaster lites at the same time. Very fast and have no problems getting very accurate loads. MK Machine sells an outsert that slows it down a touch but prevents overthrows. Biggest thing with the chargemasters is to let them warm up for 30 minutes or so.

If I had the money I would jump to an auto trickler.

Firestone

WKR
I have used a chargemaster for about 10 years now. Reprogramming it and the straw trick really improved the discharge time. I've loaded around 1500 rounds this year alone and am still happy with it. A few of my buddies have the Auto trickler V3 and V4 and it's definitely better then mine but I just can't justify it.

Last edited:

Clarktar

WKR
I have used a chargemaster for about 10 years now. Reprogramming it and the straw trick really improved the discharge time. I've loaded around 1500 rounds this year alone and am still happy with it. A few of my buddies have the Auto trickler V3 and it's definitely better then mine but I just can't justify it.
What is the "reprogramming"?

Firestone

WKR
What is the "reprogramming"?

I did it a long time ago so you probably should youtube it. It essentially speeds up the discharge rate though. Instead of throwing 80% of your charge at high speed I changed it to something like 90%-95%. Then trickle after that. Don't quote me on those numbers.

I've no complaints with RCBS Chargemaster. I also have a A&D120 autotrickler setup that i use primarily but never had notable problems with the chargemaster in the years i used it and i used to shoot a lot more back then.

BBob

WKR