Pre fit barrel actions

Bearman64

FNG
Classified Approved
I’m looking to do a custom build specifically for prefit barrels. I’m liking the Terminus Zeus with the quick change feature. Is the quick change feature the way to go? Or is it better to get the vise and tools to make the barrel switches?

XLR

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
The vise and tools gives me a little better piece of mind but the quick change feature is cool and seems to work pretty well! I haven't seen anyone have issues with it but its so easy to change a barrel once you have the tools that I always prefer going that route.

Wapiti1

WKR
I've never seen anyone actually use quick barrel swapping features unless they were competition shooters that actually burned out barrels often. Once it's barreled and dialed in, no one wants to mess with it and swap a new/different barrel on until they have to.

It works great on something like a Blaser where the scope goes with the barrel, but gets complicated when they are divorced.

To answer your question, it depends on the barrel being installed. One with a tight fit thread will work fine and stay zeroed if dropped. One that is not as tight, but still fit well, can shift if dropped. The torque applied from a vise and wrench locks the connection and prevents shifting if dropped.

YMMV using a quick change system or a torque on system. Really depends on use, needs, etc.

Jeremy

wapitibob

WKR
Barbour creek has a video (youtube) of them switching a quick change barrel, it's what they use in their school and have zero issues.

raske007

FNG
Looking to try this out this summer. Trying to practice with a 6mm and shoot .30 cal in the fall. There will need to be adjustments obviously but I'm curious how consistant it will be going back and forth.