Prime PCXL Draw long / ISO PCXL #5, #6 or #7 Cams

Hola all, I've been shooting a "craigslist special" Prime Alloy w/ PCXL #4 - B Cams. I've had it for about a year and have gotten pretty comfortable with it although I'm probably drawing 1" long... I'd like to keep it rather than look at a new bow for wallet purposes, so:

#1. Are there any great ways to reduce draw length myself? I've been reading they measure 0.5 - 1" long and I'm feeling it.

#2. If DIY tweaks don't get it short enough, If i'm wanting to get closer to a true 28" DL what cam would be best? I'd like to maximize let off if possible so I'm thinking going shorter (#6 or #7) and maxing its length would be best.

#3. If i am needing new cams, whats the best place to find them?

On my Prime Rival, with #3 PCXL cams at 29-1/4" draw things are good. If you want a 28" draw, either #5 or #6 cams should get you there. With the #5 you likely have to move the let-off adjustment/draw stops in to shorten the draw a bit and increase the holding weight.

There is a FB Prime Archery users group. You could advertise there or on AT (Archery Talk). That said, 6-10 year old solid limb Prime bows with PCXL cams are getting so cheap used that you might want to buy one with the correct cams on them rather than just the cams.

Good luck with it...I love my old Rival...my favorite bow of all time. Shot a lot of critters with it, and still hunt with it being my primary bow.

Rossi

Lil-Rokslider
I have a set of #5 PCXL cams off my Rival that I would be willing to sell. PM me if you're interested.