Private land access question near CO Springs

rob86jeep

WKR
How hard is it to find private land to hunt Antelope (specifically near CO Springs)? If doable but requiring a trespass fee, what's the normal amount?

I just moved to CO (military) a few months ago but drew a mule deer tag for NM (where i'm originally from) with my brother in Nov. I ended up tearing my ACL & MCL and had to have reconstruction surgery a week ago. I know I won't be cleared to mountain hunt by Nov so I was thinking about trying to grab a late season Antelope tag in the plains near CO Springs. I'm still not 100% i'll be cleared by then but figure i'll have a much better chance being cleared for a hunt on flat terrain vs trying to for a back country mountain hunt chasing mule deer.

I'm not sure if this fits better here or in the Antelope section but i'll give it a shot.

Dukejb

FNG
I haven’t tried antelope hunting since I’ve been in Colorado Springs, but don’t overlook hunting on Fort Carson. You have to watch a safety presentation online and buy a separate license, but a couple of friends have done well in the past.

OP
R

rob86jeep

WKR
Thanks, I'll look into Ft Carson. I ended up posting the question on a Facebook group and got some pretty good answers so I should be good to go now.