Pronghorn State Ranking

OP
ForrestGuy82
Thanks! Yes that's exactly how I felt, drawing arguably the best antelope tag in the country. It was a random draw, according to GoHunt roughly 1 in 10,000 odds. At the time they showed 24 points for a NR to draw, now it doesn't have NR stats, but 19 points for residents.
Someone had a bag of shamrock ☘, a few rabbits 🐇 feet and a box full of horseshoes to draw that. You are welcome and thanks for sharing.

I love hunting WY and NE. But NM is the place I want to goat hunt.

I actually have 7 or 8 points for WY and need to start planning. As I would like to use those in 2022.
You hunt up by Chadron and Crawford in NE?
I didn't draw this tag in AZ with 3 points and no one should ever apply for goat tags there. ;)
You are a statistical anomaly and I hate you for it.

Gobbler36

WKR
Short term would be the 980 tags (908?) in MT. They're almost statewide archery tags used for population control. Archery only

Mid term would be buying points for CO and WY so you can get into a 5-6pt unit and wait for a B&C animal.

Long term is applying for NM and hoping it pays off one day, or instead of giving the states money for buying draw apps and points, saving that money in a piggy bank and buying a landowner tag in NM, OK or TX with known goats of B&C size. Most people don't consider that option, but by time you buy 5-10pts, buy your licenses to apply, buy your antelope tag and game permit it is the same if not higher than paying an outfit 2-3.5k for private land. You can't use as many hashtags, but it is just as fun.
Best advice as of yet