Protein bars?

What is your favorite protein bar you like to snack on. I currently eat the Kroger brand protein bars they allegedly have 10 g of protein with 11 g of sugar. Looking for some thing with lower sugar and equal to or more protein but doesn’t taste like cardboard either.

KHNC

WKR
I really like the Met RX Big 100 chocolate bars. Chocolate Chip cookie dough has 30g protein ,18g sugar. Other flavors have a lot more sugar.

Patriot2

Lil-Rokslider
I did the comparison shopping a few years back and settled on using the 10 gm protein dark chocolate protein bars from Walmart selling under names millville, nature valley or great value. 7-9 gms sugar depending on the flavor. Cheap, tasty, and nutritionally superior to ridiculously priced Clif bars and the like. My 2 cents.....

scott85

Lil-Rokslider
While not the best protein bar. lenny and larry cookies are the only type of “protein” style bar/cookie I can stomach. Everything else has a chalky taste to me.

*zap*

WKR
For actual supplemental protein I just open a foil tuna package and add a little olive oil or a foil chicken or can of chicken. Before strength I will have a cliff energy bar so I have sugars/carbs in my bloodstream to help make atp and use less of my stored glucose.

The foil packs just stay in the vehicle with a small bottle of olive oil....very convenient for quick snacking, come in different sizes.

ymmv

zacattack

WKR
I tried a whole bunch of them a few years ago, seemed like the higher the protein the chewier they got. I went the hard boiled egg route after that. Cheaper, more protein, less sugar and tastes much better in my opinion

Peanut butter, honey and oatmeal. Add whatever else you feel like in there and you will end up with something better than a "protein" bar.
I think the point is packing protein bars while hunting

I take a think bar or 2 to my treestand and it holds me over for hours

JDBAK

Lil-Rokslider
Pemmican.
If you are fat adapted, performing long endurance/low intensity activity, then it’s pretty tough to beat for weight, energy density, nutrition, shelf life.

I like the met Rex big 100 after a workout in my way to work also eat quest bars like they are going outta style can find them cheap on ebay sometimes

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

OP
Glockster26
I have tried a couple of the quest bar, just wasn’t sure about the sugar alcohol. Sounds like it is a little better for you.