Proximity vs Stratus Real World Feedback

rootacres

WKR
Hello all,

So now that bow season has wrapped up in the midwest and we saw some cooler temps this year I thought id ask the question. For those of you that have tried both is the Proximity Kit any good? I am a not a fanboy of any one brand. I rock a combination of KUIU, Sitka, FL, and SG. I believe they all have something to offer. With that said I have found that the gore wind stopper membrane that is in the Sitka Stratus is second to none in the market. It cuts the wind better than anything I have tried. Is the Proximity in the same playing field as the Stratus?

I am looking for people with experience, especially in these temps. I have seen many comments to the effect of "my sitka has held up great over the years in Montana" or "KUIU outer shells have done great for me here in Wyoming". Those of you that have gone into deep temps while treestand bowhunting whitetail in the midwest know that most of the KUIU, Sitka, FL etc catalog is useless for that application.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

TSAMP

WKR

bigmike23

Lil-Rokslider
Have both and like the Stratus jacket more, but the proximity pants more than the stratus bib or pants. Kuius website says the pants have the same insulation as the jacket but real-world feels different. The pants feel heavier. are warmer, and definitely more wind resistant. With the jacket, I was definitely able to feel the wind on my arms and shoulders. Don't bother with the Kuiu beanie or neck gaiter. They both are a 1/10 for wind resistance. Basically useless.

LostArra

WKR
Have both and like the Stratus jacket more, but the proximity pants more than the stratus bib or pants. Kuius website says the pants have the same insulation as the jacket but real-world feels different. The pants feel heavier. are warmer, and definitely more wind resistant. With the jacket, I was definitely able to feel the wind on my arms and shoulders. Don't bother with the Kuiu beanie or neck gaiter. They both are a 1/10 for wind resistance. Basically useless.
I'm back and forth on purchasing Stratus bibs or Proximity pants. I don't need jackets and I don't need Fanatic/Incinerator level of clothing.

I saw a post of yours somewhere when you first received the Proximity items and I figured you would return it all. Did your opinion of the Proximity pants improve? What is your beef with the Stratus bibs? They seem to be popular. Thanks for your comparison.

WoodBow

WKR
I have the stratus jacket and bibs. This is my first season in them. It hasn't really even been cold yet and I am unimpressed. They should be viewed as a very expensive fleece softshell layer. That's it. You will need to layer underneath for any insulation. They keep the wind off of you and the full zips are nice. For the money, the cabelas berber fleece or wooltimate stuff will beat the pants off of the stratus and it is hella cheaper.

bigmike23

Lil-Rokslider
I'm back and forth on purchasing Stratus bibs or Proximity pants. I don't need jackets and I don't need Fanatic/Incinerator level of clothing.

I saw a post of yours somewhere when you first received the Proximity items and I figured you would return it all. Did your opinion of the Proximity pants improve? What is your beef with the Stratus bibs? They seem to be popular. Thanks for your comparison.
If you can wear bibs the Stratus bibs are great. I can't wear bibs. The suspenders of the bibs push down into my traps, and always cause a tremendous tension headache. I love the Proximity pants and kept them. I wore them on a 25 degree day with strong winds and they kept my legs warm. Great design.

LostArra

WKR
If you can wear bibs the Stratus bibs are great. I can't wear bibs. The suspenders of the bibs push down into my traps, and always cause a tremendous tension headache. I love the Proximity pants and kept them. I wore them on a 25 degree day with strong winds and they kept my legs warm. Great design.
Thanks!