PRP Therapy on Knees

RedStag

Lil-Rokslider
Anyone here had any PRP therapy on their knee?

I had a scope done 3 years ago, injury has likely happened again and my surgeon recommended PRP therapy.

Hoping someone might have some insight

Thanks

I did not have PRP on my knee but I did on my elbow. I tore a bunch of tendons from the bone when I was a gunner on AC 130s. It was extremely painful, but extremely helpful. They did this as a last resort to surgery. I was quite pleased with the results.

OP
RedStag

RedStag

Lil-Rokslider
thanks for the info, I have my first consultation tomorrow, trying to go in with an open mind for sure.

wyodan

WKR
I had 2 treatments on my knee. It seemed to help, but I wasn't convinced. This doctor just injected it into my knee, but I've heard of other doctors that poked around in there to get better results. I found it hard to find good info as it is still experimental.

I say try it. I probably will again, but go to a different doctor to see if there's a better technique.

I had 2 treatments on my knee. It seemed to help, but I wasn't convinced. This doctor just injected it into my knee, but I've heard of other doctors that poked around in there to get better results. I found it hard to find good info as it is still experimental.

I say try it. I probably will again, but go to a different doctor to see if there's a better technique.
They stabbed the heck out of my arm with that needle.

wyodan

WKR
They stabbed the heck out of my arm with that needle.

See that's what made me question this guy. He injected straight into my knee & called it good. I thought they needed to poke around the cartilage to make it work.

jmez

WKR
If injecting into a joint you don't want them poking around. You really don't want them poking the cartilage. When injecting a tendon it is put in several different places and that is much different than injecting it into a joint.

If injecting into a joint you don't want them poking around. You really don't want them poking the cartilage. When injecting a tendon it is put in several different places and that is much different than injecting it into a joint.
All I know is he went in, stabbed around in my elbow (to induce internal bleeding causing the body to send white blood cells there for repair) and then injected different amounts of the cooked concoction in, then at the end injected more inside several spots of the tendons. Hurt like a mofo, but worked.

wyodan

WKR

That makes me feel better about the whole process. It did seem to help the joint for awhile, but not as much as I hoped. I haven't been sure enough about it to take the step up to stem cells.

OP
RedStag

RedStag

Lil-Rokslider
As I had it explained to me, treating the tendon and joint are very different. I went for the injection on the same day. One shot, directly into the joint. So far I feel some moderate relief which Im attributing to the excess fluid (plasma) thats likely helping to lubricate the knee.
He mentioned that in 2-3 weeks I would have as much improvement as possible. If I get 30% less pain ill be thrilled