PSE Levitate Warning

It's surprising that if you have a bow 4 years old, they don't have parts for warranty, so they give you a big discount on a newer bow.

Then you have a brand new bow, that shits the bed like it had a gallon of liquor and they are like here's some parts.....

Maybe that's a little harsh, but literally the last thing that should snap in half on a bow is the axle or the riser. And I have a buddy that has split a lot of risers.

Maybe that's a little harsh, but literally the last thing that should snap in half on a bow is the axle or the riser. And I have a buddy that has split a lot of risers.
I get that there will always be those outlier components on the far ends of the bell curve that fail, but it should be so rare that most of us have never seen or heard of it. I was at TAC in park city and a dude was sitting there at full draw on one of the newer PSE bows and while it still seems a mystery what happened first, but it looks like he had one of his yoke doughnuts snap in half and the whole bow let go.......

I've got 1,100 shots through my Levitate and I'm really liking the bow. I got a little bit of creaking while drawing that turned out to be the mod screws, added a little loctite and tightened them, the issue has not returned. Had an initial bout of string rotation as the string was settling in, which was resolved with a quick adjustment at the dealer. Looking forward to getting out there with it on Saturday.

Well sent my bow off yesterday. I’m on a bit of a time crunch between hunts so it was $150 shipped for two day. PSE is not reimbursing nor would they send me a label. The tech I have been dealing with said the shop would cover half, but come to find out he was going to front it personally because this has been handled so poorly by PSE. I won’t let him do that, so I’m out $150.

PSE would do nothing on the strings at all. The rep that works with the bow shop, works for a third party that represents PSE, not part of PSE, knows someone at rogue strings. He felt so bad he reached out and they are sending me a string/cable set, again, not on behalf of PSE.

I asked about getting an entire new bow or new riser as well since mine is marred up from the cam impact, PSE wouldn’t do it. Basically they’ve done nothing. They were going to send just an axle and cam, but the tech insisted on all new limbs and cams. Still cannot believe on the most expensive flagship bow to date they serve their customers like this. The shop even said it seems like they want to pretend it never happened and there is no issue. I’ll be posting on AT soon just to show how PSE treats their customers.

Well sent my bow off yesterday. I’m on a bit of a time crunch between hunts so it was $150 shipped for two day. PSE is not reimbursing nor would they send me a label. The tech I have been dealing with said the shop would cover half, but come to find out he was going to front it personally because this has been handled so poorly by PSE. I won’t let him do that, so I’m out $150.

PSE would do nothing on the strings at all. The rep that works with the bow shop, works for a third party that represents PSE, not part of PSE, knows someone at rogue strings. He felt so bad he reached out and they are sending me a string/cable set, again, not on behalf of PSE.

I asked about getting an entire new bow or new riser as well since mine is marred up from the cam impact, PSE wouldn’t do it. Basically they’ve done nothing. They were going to send just an axle and cam, but the tech insisted on all new limbs and cams. Still cannot believe on the most expensive flagship bow to date they serve their customers like this. The shop even said it seems like they want to pretend it never happened and there is no issue. I’ll be posting on AT soon just to show how PSE treats their customers.
Unreal… If I were PSE, I’d gas up the corporate jet and have Dudley fly out to personally bring you a new bow.

PSE should refund your money and give you a new bow. This is absolutely preposterous. Paying nearly $2,000 for a bow that explodes and you have to pay to send it back and they were trying to only replace the limbs and cams. I would be extremely hesitant to buy a PSE after hearing your experience.

As much as I like PSE, this is just bad business IMO. I was due to get a new Levitate yesterday. Found out my riser had a defect, maybe cosmetic, maybe not but the bow is on the way back to PSE right now. Who knows if I'll get it back in the next 17 days. That's when I leave for my Colorado elk hunt. Looks like I'll be sticking with the Mach 1 this year which is fine, but it still sucks.

As much as I like PSE, this is just bad business IMO. I was due to get a new Levitate yesterday. Found out my riser had a defect, maybe cosmetic, maybe not but the bow is on the way back to PSE right now. Who knows if I'll get it back in the next 17 days. That's when I leave for my Colorado elk hunt. Looks like I'll be sticking with the Mach 1 this year which is fine, but it still sucks.
Hate to hear that, hope you get it in time. Definitely shows the importance of having a back up.

Please don’t be offended but we’re you a nice guy when dealing with them at first or were you pretty angry and yelling?

This appears to be lawsuit and recall territory. You were nearly maimed and it reads like even PSE knows another customer out there could be too.

And, please, no equivocating with the likes of "archery is inherently dangerous," "we all take risks when we leave the house," "it could happen to you too anytime." All of that is true and distracts from the point that PSE apparently knew, somehow, that they sold new bows with faulty manufacturing.

“Well heard back from PSE, they are giving me no problems with fixing under warranty because they knew the axles had been over-harden in the “original” run of levitates. They claim it wasn’t an issue but could see a situation where everything aligned perfectly and it could snap.”

This is insane to me. They could see a situation where their bows would fail in a potentially catastrophic way and claimed it wasn’t an issue. Obviously, any bow can fail under user input, but I still think this is crazy.

Update:
I wanted to try one more thing before I posted anywhere else. I reached out to Dudley via email around 9pm last night. I know he is just a face for PSE but his name is on the bow and I have always liked him. I had a personal response from him by 7am, he told me he sent it to the top at PSE, apologized and said to let him know if they did not take care of me. The VP of sales/marketing called me this afternoon, very apologetic, said this was never brought to his attention, he sent a new bow out as soon as he got the email from Dudley. They are also sending me a check to reimburse for shipping costs.
I shared my concerns that if there were more of these out there, something needed to be done before someone gets seriously injured. He explained to me because of supply chain issues, several of their suppliers had been sourcing from different places. They had received a lot of axles that were over hardened, they destroyed over 100k of them and did not put them in to production. The few that did get out they got their hands on and swapped out. He has no idea how one slipped through but agreed it was unacceptable and mishandled.
I guess moral of the story is Dudley is a stand up dude.

Update:
I wanted to try one more thing before I posted anywhere else. I reached out to Dudley via email around 9pm last night. I know he is just a face for PSE but his name is on the bow and I have always liked him. I had a personal response from him by 7am, he told me he sent it to the top at PSE, apologized and said to let him know if they did not take care of me. The VP of sales/marketing called me this afternoon, very apologetic, said this was never brought to his attention, he sent a new bow out as soon as he got the email from Dudley. They are also sending me a check to reimburse for shipping costs.
I shared my concerns that if there were more of these out there, something needed to be done before someone gets seriously injured. He explained to me because of supply chain issues, several of their suppliers had been sourcing from different places. They had received a lot of axles that were over hardened, they destroyed over 100k of them and did not put them in to production. The few that did get out they got their hands on and swapped out. He has no idea how one slipped through but agreed it was unacceptable and mishandled.
But Dudley isn’t jetting out to deliver your new bow himself? Sheesh!

I’m kidding, and that’s great that this worked out for you.

I was kind of getting to the point that I thought Dudley was becoming a little contrived with his products and content, but I‘m impressed that his help got your issue resolved, and I’m glad to know he’s a stand up guy.

I‘d hate to see anyone lose their job, but the VP of Marketing at PSE should can the person who was helping you with this.

There‘s too much damage that could have been done to PSE’s new found momentum to have some CS rep or manager arbitrarily taking a position no one with any common sense would. Also, publicizing your issue would have not only reinforced, but would have added way more fuel to the continued joke of “point / shoot / explode”, and sending someone a new bow and reimbursing them for their out of pocket expenses is hell of a lot cheaper than having to defend a lawsuit.

Update:
Nice but honestly it shouldn’t have taken that much for that result. They’re giving so many bows to influencers right now that it should be easy to send one to a paying customer

Back