Q

Nolanb

FNG
Hey guys I just recently got a leupold sx2 alpine spotting scope. This is my first spotting scope. Will this tripod be capable for it? As far as the screw and stud go on the quick release plate goes.Screenshot_20220724-155406_Chrome.jpg

Thread size is pretty universal, I would be very surprised if it is not compatible. If the head uses an Arca style clamp and plate you can find many alternative plates if the one provided does not work for some reason.

Thread size is pretty universal, I would be very surprised if it is not compatible. If the head uses an Arca style clamp and plate you can find many alternative plates if the one provided does not work for some reason.
It's arca swiss. I just didn't know with it having the extra stud for a safety lock if the spotter would fit on it or not.

You do not have to use the extra stud, though it will likely work well with the foot on the spotter. A new plat that is smaller and does not have the stud would be cheap.

I was not impressed with the Vanguard tripod my wife had (different model with Al legs). A Surui travel tripod was honestly nicer to use. Something like this would probably be a better bang for the buck. https://shop.gohunt.com/products/si...186343079&utm_content=Shopping - All Products

Back