Question about Swarovski "Habicht" model.

ORBoy_80

FNG
Question about older Swaro's. How does the SLC Habicht model stack up against the newer models? Got a pair of 10x42's I'm looking at. They're freshly refurbished by Swarovski. Asking price is $900.

Hope I can get some of you folks to weigh in! Thanks in advance.

Find the serial number, add 30 to the first two digits and you get the year. I assume these are before the SLC NEU. The neu I've looked through, I think Rokslide has some reviews on them. I haven't looked through the older models, but that price seems a little high. For the same money you could buy new high end with HD glass (Trinovid, Meostar sometime on sale at cabelas, conquest HD).

While $900 does seem high if swarovski just went through them I think optically they're still hard to beat. I just sent in an SLC made in '94 and after paying $175 for new lenses and all new internal glass they are certainly back in the ball game when it comes to optical performance.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

There's a pair of 7x30 slc on eBay. Older model but refurbished. I think the guy lives close, had them on Craigslist. I tried buying for better price, but he thought they were worth new slc $

Thanks for all the input guys. Only a forum like this could a question about old binos get som many people excited. Time to get out and kill some s@&$!

Back