Question..new to mountain boots

flippertn

FNG
Recently purchased a pair of lightly used zamberlans. I'm an eastern whitetail hunter getting ready for my first elk trip. My question is to anyone that's been where I am and has always worn rocky type boots or rubber boots. Did these seem crazy stiff like walking in ski boots when you first tried them? Gonna take some getting used to

wapitibob

WKR
They'll be fine, just don't get in a situation where you need to exit the bar in a hurry. If you're on rocky ground they're way better than the soft soled stuff.

kodiakfly

WKR
You'll get used to them. I've gotten to where I wear them daily just because they're comfortable for me...but I don't do much running in them!

OP
F

flippertn

FNG
To be honest it's amazing. When I put them on I'm like man these things are uncomfortable. Then I put a pack on and hike in em (about 5 miles and 1200 ft elevation gain today) and afterward my feet feel like I could go another 10 miles. Very strange contradiction. They are very confidence inspiring. Feel like I could walk across a pit full of knifes and nails in em if that makes any sense.