Quiet/sneaky shoes

MT_Archer

FNG
I abandoned my Crispis halfway through my hunt and instead slipped on my New Balance Minimus trail running shoes. These have a super thin Vibram sole and is flexible enough to roll each shoe into the size of a tennis ball, yet provide enough traction to not slip.

If I was packing out with a heavy load, I'd definitely go with stiff boots, but for stalks and stealthy still hunting, these are now my new go to footwear.

5UjImzpl.jpg

AZ16

FNG
I’ve had good luck using the sneaktec’s. They do tend to pick up debris depending on the terrain.

jspradley

WKR
I abandoned my Crispis halfway through my hunt and instead slipped on my New Balance Minimus trail running shoes. These have a super thin Vibram sole and is flexible enough to roll each shoe into the size of a tennis ball, yet provide enough traction to not slip.

If I was packing out with a heavy load, I'd definitely go with stiff boots, but for stalks and stealthy still hunting, these are now my new go to footwear.

5UjImzpl.jpg

New Balance Minimus rock! I had those same ones for years and they were tanks. Make sure you never step in dog shit with them though because theres something about the sole that will NOT release that damn smell. I tried everything to get the dog shit stank out of mine and eventually had to toss them... was a sad day haha

SniperHunter

Lil-Rokslider
SneekTec makes these neat little strap-on boot sole covers you put over your boot. The soles have a thick cushion and have a fuzzy ?berber? carpeting on them. While it only partially muffles things in the "potato chips" and dry grass... when you have to walk on actual dirt, like with grit in it, it makes you go almost completely silent! I use mine for walking in to my stand spot on the ground. If I hug the chaparral line I can walk in the exposed dirt at its base most of the way in and my feet aren't making a sound. It's only those parts where I have to walk thru tall dry grass or the dried crackly oak leaf "potato chips" that it's helpful affect is maybe... scrubbing off (30%-40%)? of the sound? You do give up a teensy bit of traction compared to your boots when climbing stuff, but I haven't found it to be a bothersome amount.

amp713

WKR
I've tried body glove wet shoes which were a little heavy but the biggest thing is I'd avoid neoprene at all costs..my feet were COOKING!!! I thought it was a great idea as I could use them to cross water, at camp, stalking, etc.... a little heavy, cost 10.bucks, but the heat of them was what ruined it all for.me. I'd make sure its something breathable in case you get stuck in them very long.. I'm looking at lone peak leather myself.